• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood tk 2180 e No receive audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhollmann

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I hope i can find someone on here who might know what is wrong with my portable. I recently purchased a couple tk 2180 e radios and tried programming them but ran into the issue of no receive audio but there is key up audio as well as when the radio is turned on. I then put the radio into test mode and I'm then able to get the receive audio so I'm not sure as to why this is happening.

Thank you if someone knows what is going on here

nhollmann

Premium Subscriber
Does the green receive indicator LED light when it's supposed to be receiving?
Yes the green indicator light does show up when its supposed to be recieving and on the screen it shows the signal strength with full bars

nhollmann

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the QT DEC or DQT DEC is set incorrectly. Try setting them to "NONE", which will put it in carrier squelch mode.
I put it to none and still won't work, I can transmit through the radio no problem but just can't receive audio.

nhollmann

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried a speaker mic?
Yes I have tried a speaker mic and still receive audio.

Under the KPG-92D software i can put the radio in test mode where it uses a set receive frequency that i can then upload to another radio I know works and i can then have receive audio but once out of test mode it then no longer has receive audio.

I'm trying to listen and communicate into the local departments that I respond to, I have my NX 5200 that I use regularly but want to use the tk2180e as a back up mobile.

nhollmann

Premium Subscriber
OK, figured it was a typo, just wanted to make sure.

Make sure you don't have the radio set to think there is an option board installed. That will mess with the audio.

The programming doesn't show anything being set for an option board installed so not really sure what else to go by

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Under "Extended Function", make sure you set the "Optional Board" to "none".

A couple of other things to look into:
For the channels, make sure "OPT Signal" is set to "None".

Make sure your QT/DQT DEC (Decode) is set to none.

Under "Channel Edit", make sure the "Data" box is unchecked.

Under "Optional Features" "Common Page 2", make sure your maximum volume is set to something above 0.

At some point, it might make sense for you to send the .dat file to one of us so we can take a look if the above suggestions don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.