• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK-250 two tone encode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew402

I was wondering if my Kenwood TK-250 can send out two tone page's to test my fire dept's pager's..
-Andrew

Last edited:

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Not unless your dept. uses DTMF paging. There are many different paging systems. Do you know which one you're using. My local dept. uses GE paging tones.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
These radios have some tone signaling capabilities, but the radio must be programmed for them. Kenwood had many different options. You would need to know the type of paging codes you use and if they can be programmed into this radio. This is an older model. Kenwood doesn't have the manual for it in their web site anymore.

Andrew402

Okay, I have it figured out.. My next question is can you have more than 1 set tone tone's set for the same freq?

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
I believe that you can, but I am now beyond the limits of my knowledge of the TK-250. There is a selective call feature that may do what you want.

sfd119

Andrew402,

I have not played with a TK-250, but if it supports Quick Call II (the two tones), it should be able to do multi-tones.

Although, looking more into the radio, that looks pretty old and it might not be able to....

grp318

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can, but not at the same time. Make two different channels with the same freq. set one 2tone for the first and the second 2tone for the second freq. the TK250 will not sent the tones orther than DTMF.

Andrew402

Also the radio only alert's when it's in not monitor mode.. Is their a way to get it to monitor when it is in monitor mode??

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Also the radio only alert's when it's in not monitor mode.. Is their a way to get it to monitor when it is in monitor mode??

Yes, but only if it's enabled in the software during programming ...

n9zas

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Can you tell me were in the software to go? I have not found it.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the software for the TK250. I have it for the TK353 which is similar though. simply enabling the monitor switch on the radio should do it.

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.