Kenwood TK-280 VHF Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncfan2457

I recently purchased a Kenwood TK-280 VHF radio. I am needing programming software and a cable. Also if anyone has had any experience programming the 280 and has any tips of suggestions would be most helpfull. Thanks

n8emr

Cables are on ebay, software is available from kenwood. You can also take it to a kenwood dealer and let him program it for you.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Easy as Pie!

I have the KPG 49D software. I use it to program my 2 TK-380 UHF radios. The programming is easier and / or simpler than most scanner software. Its pretty straight foward. The nice thing that the commercial software has, at least for Kenwood, is with multiple radios. Once you get the frequencies set the way you want them, you can hit send and it goes to the radio. NOW, without any other function being performed, you can unplug the radio and plug in another one or two and just keep hitting send without having to re-format each radio. Plug and send baby! If you have any problems or questions, PM me. I will be glad to help. The software will only work on windows XP, no Vista patches available as far as I know anyway. Good Luck!

Manny

n5ims

So you have a distribution license from kenwood to GIVE away there copyrighted software?
hmmm. interesting.

"MOTOROLA SOFTWARE COMING SOON" - Looks like Motorola will soon give them the same license to distribute their software. Like that'll happen!

t2dfyre

TK-280 Programming

Hello Kenwood friends! I was wondering if anyone knows how I can program my TK-280 to allow for tone functions like a fire pager? Do these radios have these capabilities? If so please help. Thanks and be safe!

T:D

gman4661

I'm interested in getting a TK-380 UHF for GMRS and scanning. Anybody know what the channel capacity is? Can this radio be used for FRS as well? I'm also interested in knowing your opinion of this model radio. Thanks!

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Hello Kenwood friends! I was wondering if anyone knows how I can program my TK-280 to allow for tone functions like a fire pager? Do these radios have these capabilities? If so please help. Thanks and be safe!

T:D
Please create your own thread and do not hijack others'. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.