• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK-3140 programming query

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulears

Hi, I have a batch of these radios and programmed them all up for a job, using a previous .dat file and changing some details, and somewhere along the way, I have changed something that's messed up the operation.

It's fairly simple - two simplex and one duplex channel, and the only requirement is that the callers radio ID (running from 4001 to 4033) comes up on every radio. I thought I'd sorted it out, programming the 'A' key to switch into ID number mode - but this simply gives access to all the individual IDs that are in one of the programming lists. Does anyone have an old .dat file (codeplug) that has these features in that I can use as a new starting point. I hear the data burst when the PTT is pressed, but none of the radios seems able to display it.

It's probably going to be just one box that has the wrong info in it - but I simply cannot remember what I did last time. If anyone can help - or from memory suggest checking X or Y parameters, It would be a real help.

Paul

ohiohonda

It sounds like you are using fleetsync. To be able to show this on the receiving radio you would need to enable caller Id display. This feature is in the fleetsync tab. Each radio would have the same fleet own number but a unique ID number under the same fleetsync window. If you only want it to display the 4 digit number on the caller ID display, you would need to setup the Id list table.

paulears

I've got the ID List table setup, but and I've managed to activate accidentally some kind of response situation. Pressing the PTT on radio 4008 puts it into TX, but unless one of the other radios has had it's PTT pressed, 4008's audio doesn't come out of any of the others. Pressing any radio's PTT sort of enables 4008's ability to send audio. IDs do not appear on the display - yet, however, the selcall features seems to work - I programmed the S button to change the display to selcall, and rotating the dial on unit 4008 to read say 4013 and then pressing the PTT makes radio 4013 display 4008 in it's display. BUT - 4008 again has no audio until 4013 gives a quick burst on the PTT. I've changed so many parameters, I've messed everything up. Maybe I should find one of the old very simple files and start again? I suspect it's just a case of an unwanted tick in a box, but I cannot find it.

EDIT
I just noticed that my 320's when set to the analogue channel the 3140s are on - reads the data burst and displays the correct group and unit ID - so they are sending it, but I cannot get them to display it! Weird!

Last edited:

ohiohonda

I would check in the optional features 1 tab that signaling is not set for the AND option. If AND is set the radio will not unmute until the radio receives the correct frequency, DPL or PL , and the optional signaling(which would be the fleet sync number of the radio).

Status
Not open for further replies.