• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK-3180 UHF K3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
My Kenwood radio, for some reason, is all the sudden having receiving problems, I cant hear far away repeaters all the sudden when my Scanner and Motorola pick them up no problem, Ive gone through, reprogrammed the radio, and I still have the same problem, the signal strength meter shows that when it does receive a signal its extremely weak. Ive contacted Kenwood, but havent heard anything from them. Any ideas?

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
O yeah, Ive tried all the portable antennas ive got, that would be about 11. But yeah Ive deprogrammed it and reprogrammed it. Ive tried chaning the squelch settings. Pretty much all I can think of on my end. Now its time for the Kenwood people to do their part.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Check your tuning.

Thanks cowboy, when I checked the tuning, I realized that for some reason, when I reprogrammed the radio after adding some frequencies, it didnt change to 450-520, so it programmed tuning for a 400-470 model. It never even gave me the model difference warning. But I reprogrammed it to the K3 Specs and its workin fine now. Thanks guys.

code3cowboy

Thanks cowboy, when I checked the tuning, I realized that for some reason, when I reprogrammed the radio after adding some frequencies, it didnt change to 450-520, so it programmed tuning for a 400-470 model. It never even gave me the model difference warning. But I reprogrammed it to the K3 Specs and its workin fine now. Thanks guys.

I have done the same thing a handful of times. You are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.