• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK-430 programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trooper78

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I am looking for any help or information I can get on a Kenwood TK-430. I have a new radio that I can not program. I have two versions of the programming software, version 1.00 and version 1.10, and a KPG-22 programming cable. I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 233 Mhz laptop, that will program my TK-250, TK-350, and TK-353 just fine. When I try to program the TK-430, the LED will blink red for a second and go off, and I get a check connection error message. This happens when I try to read or write the radio. The radio has UNPG in the display when I turn it on. I have tried everything that I know. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help I may get here!!!
Dean

LTR

Have you manually put the radio in programming mode before sending the program? If not, to do this you press and hold the "A" button while turning the radio on, continue holding the "A" button for 2-3 seconds after turning it on then release. The display should then read "PROG" and the radio is ready to receive programming.

Trooper78

Premium Subscriber
Kenwood tk-430

Thanks LTR!!!!!! That did the trick.....I did not know how to go into PROG mode..... Thanks once again!!!!!!!

Trooper78

Premium Subscriber
KENWOOD TK-430 programming OK, I can now read and write to the radio, but now the display reads TEST.... not sure what this means. Other than this, the radio is working.....any ideas? Thanks!

Trooper78

Premium Subscriber
TK-430 Programming....

Donnie, it is a type 1......What is the difference between the type 1 and type 2 ? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.