• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK-5210 Fleetsync Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bransinclair

Hey there folks,

I have a Kenwood TK-5210 P25 VHF Portable. It is a P25 capable radio but it's able to operate conventionally.

I am trying to use this radio in a conventional system, there's no repeaters or anything special it's just Mobile to Mobile.

I have my frequency setup in the radio and I have fleetsync all configured in the radio properly with the fleet and radio ID's

When i go into my channel I setup in the software (KPG-95D) set the optional signaling to fleetsync and set the PTTID to be Both the radio runs into an issue where it'll transmit but when you release the key it doesnt stop transmitting after it transmits the radio ID at the end of transmission

this happens regardless of what i set the PTTID to

I could have it at the beginning of transmission, end of transmission or both it doesn't matter the radio will not stop transmitting and ties up the channel with no audio or anything as soon as the PTTID is transmitted

Ill give some examples for clarity:

1: If i have the PTTID set to Beginning of Transmission, when i key up on the radio all the other radios start receiving a signal but no audio is coming through and when the key is let go the radio is still transmitting.

2: If i have the PTTID set to End Of Transmission I can key up and talk fine over the channel from this radio and everyone can hear me until i let go of the mic and the PTTID transmits then the same thing occurs, radio is stuck transmitting and ties up the channel.

when this happens it's like the radio freezes up, you can't do nothing with it until you turn it off and back on again.

Otherwise it works fine if I leave PTTID disabled in the code plug. I tried a new codeplug, updated the firmware on it (if i remember correctly) and everything else. I understand this is a P25 radio but that shouldnt affect it from operating in the conventional sense with fleetsync

I attached some screenshots below.
1639692870916.png
1639692939218.png

If anyone has any idea what could be causing the radio to do this I would appreciate it.

bransinclair

I solved this, turns out the version of the software I was using was the problem, If you have this issue it's likely you're using V3, just upgrade to KPG-95DG and rebuild your codeplug with the new version it will resolve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.