• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK-730 programming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlightmatt

Hi all, I'm hoping to get some help with this issue. I am trying to program a tk-730 with the 160ch full head. I get the programming countdown on the radio screen from 32k down to 17k, then it pauses, and then I get the dreaded error, check connection message. When I then read the radio, frequencies went in ok except the CH names will not program! I bought a new set of x24c16p chips off ebay, installed in radio and still nothing.... any ideas?? Thanks for the help.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
If you are swapping out the 04 ICs to 16 ICs to increase channel capacity, did you remove the two resistors that tell the radio you have installed different eeproms?

You would also need to change model type of the radio to match the new configuration.

The software thinks you have different hardware then what you actually have.

redlightmatt

Thanks for the reply ramal121. Yes the two resistors are removed, the radio was previously 160ch, I put the new IC's in thinking one of them had gone bad and was causing the progtamming issue, but this didn't help. Could I be doing something wrong with the software? Or could there be something different I need to do as this radio has the separation kit for remote mounting of the radio head? Thanks again :)

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Again, this is common when the model type or information in the codeplug doesn't match the radio.

Try this, make a new codeplug from scratch. Just put in a dummy channel. Then in the model pull down select your full control head with 160 channels. Try writing that to the radio. If "Model Mismatch" comes up just hit OK.

If that programs OK, then there is something wrong with the codeplug.

HummerMike

I bought some 160 channel eproms off of Ebay before. They did not work. That may be your problem. I have a few old *30 series radios in storage. They should have some eproms if you still have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.