• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

kenwood tk-7360 power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

triotech

Hi all,

is my first time on the forum, and I wonder if somebody could help with this question.

We have several kenwood tk-7360 european model without any additional option.

Our rescue jeeps while are not in use need to have the battery disconnected.

When we reconnect the battery the 7360 powers on even without pressing the power button.

Is this normal ? Is there any way to change this behavior?

Thank you for your help

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
It can be normal depending on how the radio is programmed.

There's two settings under "Optional Features 1":

- Power Switch Status Memory. This will "remember" the power switch status. If the radio was powered on when 12 volts DC was removed (battery disconnected), it'll remember it's status when power is restored.

-Could also be that someone set the radio up for "Ignition Sense" function and wired that circuit direct to the power source. Likely there would be a yellow wire coming out of the accessory connector on the radio and going to the same power source the radio is connected to. Commonly this wire is connected to a circuit that is supplied power when the vehicle ignition is turned on, but wiring it direct to the power source will cause the radio to turn on when power is applied.

Both can be changed via programming software. That would be the correct way to do it.

If the yellow ignition wire is connected, then you could move it to an ignition switched circuit in the vehicle. This would power up the radio only when the ignition is turned on, and power off the radio when the ignition is off. But be careful, if users are accustomed to having the radio on, they may not realize that the radio will turn off with ignition and miss radio traffic.

The igntion switched option in the radio has a couple of choices, one of them is to -only- allow the radio to power up via the ignition sense circuit. It can be programmed to ignore the radios power switch.

I'd encourage you to find someone who can properly program the radio for what you need.

triotech

You get this sorted yet, @triotech ?
Unfortunately evrything is closed here, we do not have the software and the cable.

Just to document my self better on this radios is there any chance to have the programming manual ? We only have user and service manual.

Thank you, kind regards
IW5EHO

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Unfortunately evrything is closed here, we do not have the software and the cable.

Just to document my self better on this radios is there any chance to have the programming manual ? We only have user and service manual.

Thank you, kind regards
IW5EHO

There are manuals available that cover programming features, but those are intended for the radio shops. You would need to contact your Kenwood dealer and see if they'll give you a copy. It's often called the FPRG (Function programming) manual. It will be specific to that radio model as well as the market code of the radio.

triotech

Thank for all your replies
We have no idea when things will reopen, the radio issue is not a major one, we will have to wait.

Once again thank you for your help
IW5EHO

Status
Not open for further replies.