• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK-8180&JPS ACU-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
Hey guys I have a question for all the kenwood buffs out here. I have a JPS ACU-T unit hooked up to a couple of kenwood TK-8180's and one Kenwood Tk-7180 what I need to accomplish here is figuring out if I can set this unit up as a fixed site gateway to be able to patch VHF and UHF with our counties astro 25 800mhz trunked system, to be able to hook it into some talkgroups that are already existing on the system. They want to be able to connect and steer channels with the console to the Kenwood radios, and be able to remotely control the ACU-T. Has anyone experimented with this type of application before? Any input would be appreciated.

Firebuff880

Yes, the ACU-T can be placed somewhere as a "permanent" patch / link, I would suggest you take it out of the case and place it on a shelf or desk. The ACU-2000 (1000) which is rack mounted is a better choice however for permant mount deployments.

Yes you can do all the patches you are talking about,an yes you can control an ACU/ACU-T via a network connection with the CPM-4/6 modules and proper networking skills. but no with some limited exceptions you can not control the Channel / Zone on the Mobiles. This is more a restriction of the Radio manufactures and their proprietary control head protocols.

---

Hey guys I have a question for all the kenwood buffs out here. I have a JPS ACU-T unit hooked up to a couple of kenwood TK-8180's and one Kenwood Tk-7180 what I need to accomplish here is figuring out if I can set this unit up as a fixed site gateway to be able to patch VHF and UHF with our counties astro 25 800mhz trunked system, to be able to hook it into some talkgroups that are already existing on the system. They want to be able to connect and steer channels with the console to the Kenwood radios, and be able to remotely control the ACU-T. Has anyone experimented with this type of application before? Any input would be appreciated.

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
Thanks for the reply Firebuff, I guess we may just have to round up some better radios to replace these kenwoods that would have the capability of doing remote control channel steering/changing.The agency using this unit would like the acu-t to still be able to be portable in the event it would need to be taken on site somewhere. But for the most part it would maintain it's current position up in the IT room.

Firebuff880

Actually,

You will find that the Kenwoods are the best / only option for what you want to do..

The part # s you need are listed for ACU-1000/2000 so check with Raytheon Tech support before you buy !

PN # 5961-299008-01 Kenwood Channel Change Options (For Kenwood X80 Series)
PN # 5961-299008-02 Kenwood Channel Change Options (For Kenwood X150/X180 Series)

An I don't know if the Kenwood TK-5410 / TK-5910 uses the same technology.

You might want to register over here and ask Benny Hillmann, or call him directly.

JPS Discussions

Good Luck,..

Thanks for the reply Firebuff, I guess we may just have to round up some better radios to replace these kenwoods that would have the capability of doing remote control channel steering/changing.The agency using this unit would like the acu-t to still be able to be portable in the event it would need to be taken on site somewhere. But for the most part it would maintain it's current position up in the IT room.

Status
Not open for further replies.