Kenwood TK 880 questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davva

Hi all.

First of all, I'm a complete novice and I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place.

Secondly I apologize if I use the wrong terminology.

I am working as a taxi driver and I'm hoping to try and get some advice on the the radio system I have to use.

It's a Kenwood TK 880 and what happens is that dispatch will send an offer to all drivers when a job is available. The first person who clicks in gets the job. It seems that I never seem to get the job so I am trying to increase my chances.

My first question is, at what point should I actually click in to signal my bid for the job? If I click in before dispatch finishes talking would my bid actually seen by dispatch or would it be lost as he is still transmitting?

Secondly, when I push my button there is a delay of a second or two before my system makes it's beeping sound. Is my signal sent as soon as I push the button or does it get sent at the beep? If it is not sent until the beep is there anyway to reduce the time interval between button push and beep?

I know what I'm trying to say and I hope that I have explained it well enough for you guys to understand.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Davva

EFjohnsonVHF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm guessing that the delay when you key up is either an AUDIBLE or SUB-AUDIBLE id'er so the dispatcher knows who is keying up, Which might be why the first person to key up gets the fare.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
davva said:
what happens is that dispatch will send an offer to all drivers when a job is available. The first person who clicks in gets the job.

Dog Dog - Dog Eat Dog

Man I understand ya gotta make a living but itsn't that a bit of a ridiculous way for them to handle calls ??????????? :roll:

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Probably fleetsync... you can adjust the pretime down to 0.1 or even 0.0 and there will be no pretime before the ID is sent.

davva

ScanDaBands said:
Man I understand ya gotta make a living but itsn't that a bit of a ridiculous way for them to handle calls ??????????? :roll:

Not really. We have a 'zonal' system where drivers can chose which zone they want to be in. If a call comes in from a customer in your zone then you get the call. If a call comes in and there is not a driver in that zone then it gets thrown open to anyone in other zones.

It's at this point that drivers click in and the first in gets the fare. This is where I am trying to get an advantage.

davva

ATF1224 said:
Probably fleetsync... you can adjust the pretime down to 0.1 or even 0.0 and there will be no pretime before the ID is sent.

How do I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.