Kenwood TK-890 UHF and XTS 5000 Interop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian24

Hi,
I have the Kenwood TK-790/890 with the KPG-7D control heads and the XTS 5000 II UHF. There is a small overlap of frequencies that both the Kenwood and XTS 5000 can both transmit and receive on. However, the XTS 5000 uses 12.5 KHz narrowband. The KPG44D software for the Kenwood does not have a setting for 12.5 KHz like the XTS 5000 does when in conventional mode. I am using it in non-ASTRO mode. Is there a way to have the Kenwood transmit and receive the XTS 5000 transmissions? The other option is using my ACU-1000 to interop the two pieces.

Thanks

Brian

Mozilla

XTS and Kenwood

The settings on the XTS for channel spacing should be adjustable, just go to the frequencie you want, and the parameters should allow a change from 12.5
Most newer radios can do either or, for th purpose of compatability with older gear and systems.

n9upc

The Kenwood allows you to switch, on a per channel basis, for wideband or narrowband, aka 25 Khz or 12.5 khz.

It is in the programming software rigth where you enter the freq data.

I would change the dev in the radio per the license spec. If your license is suppose to be narrow then you need to operate on it narrowband.

brian24

n9upc

Thanks for that information. I guess I didn't look hard enough. By going into Ch Edit, I was able to set it to narrowband. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.