• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK690H will nott power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedaly

Feed Provider
i purchased off of ebay. They had nonway to test it. But this is what i have done.
1. It has a single remote head.
2. I have the power connection at 13.8 V.
3. I have the #1 pin on the 9 Pin connector powered with 13.8 volts.
4. I opened up radio and there are some resistors missing. If in the picture that are below are correct. There is no way this radio will power up.

And is there a solution to get this working.20200518_212250.jpg20200518_155950.jpg20200518_212250.jpg

sfd745

Reverend Higgy
Database Admin
A small wad of solder across R504 and R742, and clean the other pads will give you power on, no ignition sense.
A small wad of solder across R506 and R742 will give you ignition sense.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Your picture shows a valid configuration and should power up with the ignition sense lead. As mentioned by sfd745 you could switch the jumper setting to default to see if that helps.

But while you have the cover off, check the smt fuse F502 to see if it's popped. It's toward the front of the board just behind the white connector that goes out to the control head. And you can check at this connector the line marked PS. You should see a 12v pulse when the power button is pressed.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
Your picture shows a valid configuration and should power up with the ignition sense lead. As mentioned by sfd745 you could switch the jumper setting to default to see if that helps.
You sure about that? With 504 and 506 absent and 743 absent, the book says the transceiver won't power up.

mikedaly

Feed Provider
So here is an update on what i found. I purchased another from a different person. Still not powering up. Checked voltage. 13.8 V. So at this point im thinking its got to be something im doing wrong
My bad, for the life of me it looked like 506 was missing.

. Lets get to the basic.
Voltage check.
Brand new head. Check.
Cable 17 ft. There is the problem. Someone sold me a cut cable. I didn't see it thinking that someone would not sell me a cable that was cut and not tell me. So its time to add a crappy review on someone's Ebay account.86239

Status
Not open for further replies.