Kenwood: Kenwood TM-V7 Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

3me

Unfortunately, my Kenwood TM-V7 seems to have lost its mind. Some of the programming does not work following the manual and other features disappear each time the power button is turned off. I am afraid it is time for a HARD RESET and to nuke the memory. The only reset I could find listed in the manual was to erase the memory channels, but that did not resolve the issues. I would like to reset it completely back to factory condition and start anew. Does anyone know what combination of buttons will accomplish this?

de WAØKS
Shawnee, KS

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The manual mentions a button hidden by the display that will do a full reset. See the Maintenance section of the manual.

cmdrwill

If it is an older ' V7 ' it may have a button size memory battery. Those go dead over the years. It may be soldered i no one of the boards. May be on the control head circuit board.

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
Remove the face, and on the panel, slightly to the leftt, you will find a small hole that contains the switch. Use a non-sharp tool of appropriate size to press that butoon in, AND hold for more than 1 second. That is the "Hardware re-set" procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.