kenwood tm-v708 xband repeat question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIREPHIGHT

is it posible to crossband from vhf to vhf? what i want to do is use my motorola HT on simpex send it to the mobile tm-v708 and have the mobile talk to the repeater. all i have seen is xband from uhf to vhf

rfguygg

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

You can't repeat in band without a duplexer or other means of sufficent tx to rx isolation. That's why the cross band function is so popular.

No, it is not possible. It isn't able to receive a signal and re-transmit it within in the same band. (Hence it is called "Cross-Band Repeat"). In order to do what you propose, a second mobile or portable would be needed and a repeater device used to take the receive audio and transmit it through the mobile. Also note that the frequency used going to the vehicle cannot be the same as the frequency being transmitted to the repeater.

Hopefully someone else can verify this and correct me if I am wrong.

rfguygg

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

While you could build that device with seperate antennas the receivers would be desensed to the point of being worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.