Kenwood TM-V71 Crossband help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darticus

Can't get it to work. I have a simplex frequency on the right and our 440 repeater on the left. I transmit with my ht and it transmits to the simplex channel but I hear it coming out of my external speaker and its not getting to the repeater side. Any help would be great. SEE display PIC. Thanks Ron

Attachments

• 20120218_1.JPG
    20120218_1.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 5,753

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
On my Kenwood D710 you have to set up the radio as you have above, set the menu option for crossband repeat to enabled, lock the keys (which I now see you have also done), and then power it off and back on with a specific key held during the power-on cycle. If you have the manual, give it a look. I always have to refer to my manual when enabling crossband.

You may also have to have control switched to the other band (the repeater, not 52) - I'm not 100% sure.

n5ims

Check page 81 of your manual (page 89 in this .pdf --> http://www.kenwoodusa.com/UserFiles...unications/AMA/Manuals/TM-V71 English O-M.pdf)
Cross-band Repeater: If receiving a signal on the TX band, the transceiver
switches the current RX only band to the TX band. This is useful when joining
in a group talk. Participants in a group talk need to set a receive and transmit
frequency on different bands so as not to miss any conversation within the group.
1 Enter Menu mode and access Menu 403 (RPT.MOD) {page 20}.
2 Set the Repeater operation mode to CROSS (cross-band), A-TX (A band), or
B-TX (B band).
3 Turn the transceiver power OFF.
4 Press [TONE] + Power ON.
• The Repeater mode is ON and the [PTT] and [Lock] icons blink on the display.
• You are unable to perform any transceiver functions while in Repeater mode.
• To return to normal operation, turn the transceiver power OFF, then press [TONE] +
Power ON.

Since your pic shows the lock icon, but not the PTT icon is not you either don't quite have menu 403 set correctly or (more likely) haven't done the restart using the [Tone] + Power ON process.

SCPD

QRT
You might want to check the rules regarding cross band repeating. If my memory is correct, frequencies above 2 meters are only allowed for use when "talking" to the radio being used as the cross band repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.