Kenwood TM-V71A: help with "channel jump" or inserting channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2DRM

Premium Subscriber
I want to program a frequency into a particular memory. I have about 75 channels programmed and I want this to be inserted in the #24 slot. Problem is, I can't seem to move things around using the cut, copy or paste. Obviously does not work like an excel sheet. I can't seem to figure out what this channel jump feature is. My Yeasu software for the VX8 allows very easy moving channels up and down the list.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Get the RT Systems software and cable. Makes programming the radio easier. The software allows you to insert memories where you want them.

KD2DRM

Premium Subscriber
I have been using the free software from Kenwood. I guess i will have to get the RT software. I have rt software for a Yeasu Vxg8 and I know I can easily move channels around.

Question. I have a cable but it is not like the one pictured on the rt site. It is a 2 piece setup. 1st is the DIN to a serial and the 2nd adapts the serial to usb. Can I use this or should I spend the extra $ for the new cable too?

FKimble

On the MCP Kenwood software, bring up the memory channel screen. To cut/paste click on the channel number and while holding down the mouse button run it down to the last used channel. It will be higjlighted except for the first cell. Right click, cut, click on the cell below the cell you want to free up and paste. You have now moved everything down a cell and can use the mem slot you wanted to change.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I have been using the free software from Kenwood. I guess i will have to get the RT software. I have rt software for a Yeasu Vxg8 and I know I can easily move channels around.

Question. I have a cable but it is not like the one pictured on the rt site. It is a 2 piece setup. 1st is the DIN to a serial and the 2nd adapts the serial to usb. Can I use this or should I spend the extra $ for the new cable too?

The RT Software requires the RT cables, it will NOT work with out the RT Cables.

Nice thing is that you can copy and paste between different brands and models with the RT software. It truly is great software. I have it for the VX-170, FT-277, FT-8800, and TM-V71a. You can also import *.CSV files and it will populate the different fields in the software.

If you already have it for the VX-8, you will not be disappointed if you get it for the V71a

Status
Not open for further replies.