Kenwood: Kenwood TM-V7a Dual Band FM Transceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPR1981

This is NOT a classified ad.

I have someone proposing a trade deal with me because they want mine. I just want to make sure I don't lose my back end on a deal. This is a well-functioning unit in good working order. What type of value should I assign to this radio? Thank you!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
It's a V7 (blue display) and not a V71 (green or amber display)? If it's a V7, have you had any problems with the display?

The V7 has been out of production for a long time, at least 20 years. If it's clean, case isn't banged up, the display is still good, hasn't been used in a mobile environment, the markings are still clear, the mic cable isn't stretched out, it might be worth in the neighborhood of $50-75.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I looked on QRZ.com and noted that several sold in 2020 ranging from $150 to $250. I am surprised they sold for that price. If you have everything for it and it is in good working shape it would probably be worth $100. It is an older radio. I would get rid of it.

FPR1981

V7 and it has no issues with the display. I am the second owner. The original owner is deceased and it was gifted to me.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Trade's are always tricky. You may have an inflated value of the item you are trading away. Your trading partner may have an inflated value of the item he or she is trading to you. In the end, if you are happy with the deal, then make the deal and move on.

FPR1981

He wants to trade me an almost mint Astatic Golden Eagle microphone.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Last year at the La Porte Amateur Radio Club's "Cabin Fever" hamfest I spotted a new-in-box TM-V7A. The seller was asking $150. I offered $120 provide he could demonstrate it was working. It worked perfectly and he accepted my offer.

I brought it home and immediately swapped out the new remote head with my ancient TM-V7A with the nearly unreadable blue display, keeping the new radio body in case my old one decided to release the magic smoke. :ROFLMAO:

I don't know what Kenwood was thinking when they got rid of the most useful feature of the TM-V7A; the ability to divide the memory into two separate segments, allowing the operator to scan A or B or A and B! I've had mine split into VHF on the A side, and UHF on the B side since I first programmed it.

My TM-V71A share the same memory space for both A and B sides, making scanning much less useful.

FPR1981

Someone on eBay has one they're asking 350 for, but eBay also has idiots asking $500 for the "Smoky and the Bandit CB antenna"

Status
Not open for further replies.