Kenwood: Kenwood TS-2000/2000X question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolbananalol2

Premium Subscriber
I recently passed my foundation license test and I'm looking at a radio to get. Does the Kenwood TS-2000/2000X still suffer from the receiving problems that I have been reading about or have they been fixed?

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Token

I recently passed my foundation license test and I'm looking at a radio to get. Does the Kenwood TS-2000/2000X still suffer from the receiving problems that I have been reading about or have they been fixed?

What receiving problems are you talking about? The TS2K was never a contest quality rig, it is a middle of the road HF receiver, and by todays standards is rather old tech. However it does many things a contest rig cannot do.

I own a couple of TS2Kx's, and they work just fine. The receiver is not as good as my Yaesu FTdx-5000MP, but then my 5k cannot cross band, cover 2 meters, 70 cm, and 1.2 GHz, or operate as a mobile with a remote head (RC-2000).

Different tools.

T!

mrweather

OP is referring to the filter issue which causes static crash-type noise to show up on the receive audio. It affected a certain production batch of the radio. My own TS2000 suffered from it and I had it repaired out of pocket.

Token

OP is referring to the filter issue which causes static crash-type noise to show up on the receive audio. It affected a certain production batch of the radio. My own TS2000 suffered from it and I had it repaired out of pocket.

Neither of my TS2Kx's (both from the first 2 years of production) ever had such an issue. And since it affected a specific production batch that probably answers the OPs question. If this is the issue the OP was asking about it appears to be fixed.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.