Kenwood: Kenwood TS-940s

Status
Not open for further replies.

grissgray

Hi all I have a Kenwood TS-940s when I power it on I get nothing on the display and no sound good to it,

I have checked the power with a multimeter in different locations to see if there is power
So I am getting Power

There is a glass fuse in the middle of the radio and that's working fine

Is there another fuse that would power up the front panel.

I tried resetting it using the inner reset button
And checked the timer switch on the front
Still nothing

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

n5ims

I would contact them --> Ham Radio Repair | HamRepair.com | Professional Amateur Radio Repair <-- . They have repaired radios for several of our club members and are always reasonable and do good work. Call first though so you can find out if he believes it's repairable or not and let him know what you want him to do for you (just fix what's broken or fix it and give it a full check-out to repair things that may not yet have failed but are showing signs they may soon or even give it a full alignment along with the servicing) and a cost/time estimate for his service. Now if he finds more wrong than you feel like repairing, he will return it for only a check-out fee. I believe that you will need to pay postage both directions and he recommends that you insure it for full replacement cost.

They also offer a "Tech Support" service where they will work with you on the phone if you wish to do your own repairs but would like some hand-holding for areas you're not quite comfortable with. If you use this service, I'd recommend that you collect all of your questions and handle them on a single phone call since there's a minimum 1 hour charge ($45.00).

Status
Not open for further replies.