Kenwood-v71A program scan set up question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtranaut

Looks like a real simple process and I have been through it about a dozen times without success!

AT STEP 4 in the process of programming a PROGRAM SCAN, (press F)
the diagram shows a blinking channel number preceded by the letter "L" (for low)

NEVER have I hit F and had that to show in my display.
WHAT DOES happen is a single blinking channel number

I follow through the steps and complete the process. Pressing MR VERIFIES WHAT i HAVE INPUT BUT STILL WITHOUT DESIGNATIONS OF L AND U.

For the PROGRAM SCAN to be set up correctly, does L and U have to show and if so, how?

FINAL OBSERVATION: I am assuming that if you want the scan to begin you have to press VFO for 1sec?
It will start that way BUT it will not auto-reverse at the upper limit. As a matter of fact, it exceeds the upper limit and keeps on going!

iT IS DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE THAT, ON A RADIO THAT IS SO WELL THOUGHT OUT, KENWOOD WOULD HAVE AN OPERATOR ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION TO THE SCAN TO HAVE TO MANUALLY
TURN THE TUNING CONTROL KNOB. Tell me this isn't so!

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
At step #4 after presing F you have to rotate the VFO knob all the way down until you reach channel 1. Keep rotating the VFO in the same direction and you will see the channels L9, U9, L8, U8 ect.

After you set the high and low frequency you want to search into L and U channels you want escape out to VFO mode and set the frequency anywhere between your low and high limit and press the VFO BUTTON for 1 second, not the VFO knob. This will start the search within the limits you set.

Status
Not open for further replies.