Kern County Fire Department Channel "Kern 21"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvfd625

I'm hearing references to a new channel called Kern 21 on the radio. Sounds like it is a supplemental channel for Battalion 1 that can be patched with command channels. Anyone have any insight?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Eng74

Looking into it. I thought I heard 15 say that the other day but had other stuff going on at the time too.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
I checked in with a KCFD engine captain and he's heard of no such thing, at least as far as fire is concerned. It would be interesting to see what it's for.

Last edited:

Eng74

There is a Kern 21, there are a couple of dead spots in Battalion 1. They just added it. I haven't been able to get by the station but have text one of my BC friends. I think he is on his 8 day right now but he is going to get back to me.

cvfd625

There is a Kern 21, there are a couple of dead spots in Battalion 1. They just added it. I haven't been able to get by the station but have text one of my BC friends. I think he is on his 8 day right now but he is going to get back to me.
Awesome. Thank you.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
ULS doesn't have everything though.

I don't know if KCFD is the same, but CALFIRE SLU appears to have a couple of repeaters that aren't on ULS. Something to keep in mind.

INCORRECT INFO: I was told very recently that Kern 21 was a fill in for dead spots near 395, according to my friend.

Last edited:

cvfd625

ULS doesn't have everything though.

I don't know if KCFD is the same, but CALFIRE SLU appears to have a couple of repeaters that aren't on ULS. Something to keep in mind.

I was told very recently that Kern 21 was a fill in for dead spots near 395, according to my friend.
Kern 27 is used for the 395 dead spots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.