Kern County Fire Department, New Battalion 8.

GMC826

Premium Subscriber
The view on that video only showed a side view. The 10 was very large, not small like on engines. Could not tell if it had a pump.

Eng74

Would have to see the video. They are calling medic squad and squad 63. I think the cad might still have what was a squad, a 2 wheel drive patrol. I think we had the last squad 77 until 1998 when they got a new patrol.

GMC826

Premium Subscriber
Not quite sure what you are saying about 63, but I've seen pictures of both 63 and 15 and both at this point are suburbans. The patrol in the video definetly was a Ford and had a large 10 decal behind the cab on a side compatment door just like squad 6 does now.

Eng74

Not quite sure what you are saying about 63, but I've seen pictures of both 63 and 15 and both at this point are suburbans. The patrol in the video definetly was a Ford and had a large 10 decal behind the cab on a side compatment door just like squad 6 does now.
On the radio, they are calling it both Medic Squad 63 and Squad 63. I know on PulsePoint it is listed as MS63. I think it might just depend on the dispatcher on what they are calling it on the radio. Just like Cal City Engine 19, sometimes the call it Medic Engine 19 and sometimes Engine 19.

germskieee

Is Kern County Fire Battalion 5A and Battalion 5B both staffed at the same time by separate BC’s? Or is 5B a backup or just a additional truck with extra equipment do you know?

Eng74

Is Kern County Fire Battalion 5A and Battalion 5B both staffed at the same time by separate BC’s? Or is 5B a backup or just an additional truck with extra equipment do you know?
That would shift. It gets a little complicated with CAD. Useing battalion 5 as an example, if there is an expended wildland fire in the battalion, if they are going to replace battalion 5 the OT chief will become battalion 5 and then actual shift BC will bet listed as battalion 5 A B or C depending which shift is on. Another thing that can happen is if a frontline engine is in the shop the get a 400 series engine and it is then 55R. They don’t normally say it over the radio that way but are supposed to. It really becomes a problem if say there is an in county strike team the CAD can’t have two engines in service with the same number. If they already r engine in service the next one to fill will just be the 400 series engine so you could have engine 424 running out of 55 then.