Kerr County Texas (New Thread late 2023)

TLR2019

Random Member
Premium Subscriber
Hey there Folks, i am Texas Born, and happy to be with the Radio Hobby. kinda have a hard time finding Information about Radio Resources for my area besides Radio Reference and outside websites(with even less Relevant info) . let me reconduct myself on this here, i spent a short time with a local Vol. Fire dept before moving back into the city limits. unfortunately the latest thread i can find in our Forums is from 2011. this was when KPD went Full ADP encrypted (maybe later to maybe AES256 NOT CONFIRMED), and the Kerr SO was analog. i can confidentially confirm KPD can operate on FD and SO channels for mutal aid. i can also confirm that last december with the body found in the river. KPD also still uses their analog multual (this was breafly found, with voice). ever since the last thread, it can be found that Kerr SO is NOW without a doubt Digital and ONLY their Primary Channel is linked to the LCRA P25 System. INGRAM PD is ENC, and NO INFO on Center Point ISD PD (can only assume they are operating within SO). there has been some interceptions of DPS Base A, and Fire Service with off/on VMED28 (?? some "birds" dont have access to LCRA :unsure: ??) ... Please Note, that in reference to the 2021 Citys Propsition (the City Requested Turn Key Encryption for Consoles, this could be why Dispatch was heard in the clear over the recent summer) This must be alot to take in, but am looking for anything you may know or can share with me i have had Radio/Telecoms as a Hobby for the last 6 year.

honestly interested to hear from this wonderful Community

Summary:
KPUB - DMR /w Primary patched to LCRA P25 (only during Business Hours)
KPD - ENC P25 (with access to Neighbor Agencies for support, is ONLY TIME IN CLEAR)
KFD/EMS - P25 Trunk /w Convetional patching
Kerr SO - P25 Convetional with (Primary patched to LCRA)
IPD - ENC P25 (is open when Dispatched from County outside Business Hrs)
ALL VOL. Fire Dept - Convetional /w Digital P25 Capablility
TexasDPS - DOES NOT HAVE A DISPACHING OFFICE IN KERRVILE
( ALL DISPATCHING IS BY DPS SAN ANTONIO AND LOCAL COUNTIES )

CHHTX

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for posting. I'll be keeping an eye on this to see what I should be able to hear from Kerr Co. I'm in Lakehills and the only P25 site for LCRA I can pick up is Boerne. I think I'm too far out of range to get the Kerrville P25 site. It looks like I should add some Conventional Vol Fire as well but I might be too far away. I'll PM you my favs list so you can see what I (at least try to) listen to.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Future activity we are watching for is Kerr County going up with GATRRS towers and LCRA adding the Tierra Linda site just into Gillespie County on the Harper highway. Keep a lookout for new VHF control channels for the former and a new neighbor to 136.36 Kerrville on the latter.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
WSAU547 is the new license for the Kerr County SO 4 site simulcast VHF system, presumably with GATRRS. The court minutes suggest they are a few months from going live. Sites will be Divide off of SH 41 West of Mountain Home, a rural area southwest of Kerrville, Kerrville proper, and Comfort. One problem with Comfort is that the owner of the radio tower there is going to be dismantling it in the near future so the SO is scrambling to locate another tower to get the equipment, shack, generator and of course the engineering redone for the new system. The frequencies are as follows:

155.085 (currently SO 1 P25 LSM 3 sites)
155.550 (currently SO 2)
155.235 new
155.385 new

Also, the SW Gillespie site is apparently online for LCRA which should be within striking distance of Kerrville if it is in Tierra Linda as originally planned, but if the license is correct, its actually just SW of Harper.

Hunt added a VHF repeater with P25 licensing on 154.220 just recently as well.