Kershaw County Regional channel question ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

I have been wondering somthing and I just wanted to see if someone can give me some feedback on this I have been monitoring the Kershaw County Sheriff NARC. UNIT and they have been in a foot chase all morning looking for this guy who ran from them this morning and left a cookie of crack cocaine in the woods were he through it well my question is the Chief Narc. Officer told someone to switch to the regional channel does any one know what that regional channel might be far as the frequency ?? I have been looking at the Data Base and can't seem to find one if there isn't one is there a way to find out there frequency through FCC ?? now I know they switch to Buffalo Mt. Pisgah Fire Dept. channel all the time but when they do I can't pick them up for some reason , I would not think that Buffalo Mt. Pisgah fire Department would be Encrypted would they ?? cause I pick them up all the time but when they switch over they are like gost can't here nothing almost like they never switched over any one have any ideas on to what the regional channel would be ??? THABKS---JASON

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> ... the Chief Narc. Officer told someone to switch to the regional channel does any one know what that regional channel might be far as the frequency ??

As khubbard mentioned, the reference to a regional channel may have been to 155.550 / 123.0.

155.535 / 127.3 is alot less likely, as the associated repeater was used in another SCHP district (Chester / district 4) prior to being decommissioned and put into use by York County as a VHF link to comms on their trunked system.

The reference you heard could also be to the regional channels on the Palmetto 800 system, as Kershaw County Sheriffs already have a presence on that system.

>> ... now I know they switch to Buffalo Mt. Pisgah Fire Dept. channel all the time but when they do I can't pick them up for some reason

You likely have only 1 of the 2 PL tones programmed in your scanner. On 155.265 MHz, rescue uses 156.7 Hz, while the sheriffs use 123.0 Hz (same frequency - different tone).

You will also hear Columbus County, N.C. rescue comms over the 123.0 Hz repeater ( the actual frequency Columbus Co rescue is using is 155.235 / 123.0 R ).

lugoffman

jeffmulter said:
>> ... the Chief Narc. Officer told someone to switch to the regional channel does any one know what that regional channel might be far as the frequency ??

As khubbard mentioned, the reference to a regional channel may have been to 155.550 / 123.0.

155.535 / 127.3 is alot less likely, as the associated repeater was used in another SCHP district (Chester / district 4) prior to being decommissioned and put into use by York County as a VHF link to comms on their trunked system.

The reference you heard could also be to the regional channels on the Palmetto 800 system, as Kershaw County Sheriffs already have a presence on that system.

>> ... now I know they switch to Buffalo Mt. Pisgah Fire Dept. channel all the time but when they do I can't pick them up for some reason

You likely have only 1 of the 2 PL tones programmed in your scanner. On 155.265 MHz, rescue uses 156.7 Hz, while the sheriffs use 123.0 Hz (same frequency - different tone).

You will also hear Columbus County, N.C. rescue comms over the 123.0 Hz repeater ( the actual frequency Columbus Co rescue is using is 155.235 / 123.0 R ).
What type of scanner software do you use?? reason being I might be able to send you the file I am running for you to take a look at and see what I need to change. I also got the 155.265 with PL tone 123.0 programed in but I dont have the 155.265 with the PL tone 156.7 is it possiable they use the 156.7 PL tone ??

Status
Not open for further replies.