Ketchum Idaho area 2020 wildfire channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
info from an online 2020 document - mutual aid wildfire agreement between Ketchum and federals

all freqs match the Radio Reference Database - except -

Sawtooth National Forest - Tac 1 - 168.675 - Tac 2 - 168.6125

BLM (Twin Falls) - Tacs - Tac 1 - 172.775 - Tac 2 - 173.8625 - Tac 3 - 168.6375 - Tac 4 - 166.80 - (same freqs as other BLM units in Idaho but in a different order)

A/g - 168.5375 - (database shows 168.4375 which I suspect is a typo)

BLM Twin Falls also has SOA Rptr 167.15 R 163.175 in - same as the other BLM districts show in Idaho

Paysonscanner

I'm hearing encryption activity on 172.775 n300 in mass/nh border. Same department?

Not likely. The closest public land to that location is the White Mtn. National Forest. It is located in the center of the state, both north-south and east-west. I have that forest's channel plan of 2019 and 172.7750 is not listed. My info for the eastern and southern regions of the U.S. Forest Service is thin though. The BLM only manages 50,000 acres of surface lands in the states east of the Mississippi River border states. They don't have any radio systems of their own as far as I know. Frequency assignments in the east can be very different than in western states. You could be hearing one agency of dozens of possibilities.

Paysonscanner

info from an online 2020 document - mutual aid wildfire agreement between Ketchum and federals

all freqs match the Radio Reference Database - except -

Sawtooth National Forest - Tac 1 - 168.675 - Tac 2 - 168.6125

BLM (Twin Falls) - Tacs - Tac 1 - 172.775 - Tac 2 - 173.8625 - Tac 3 - 168.6375 - Tac 4 - 166.80 - (same freqs as other BLM units in Idaho but in a different order)

A/g - 168.5375 - (database shows 168.4375 which I suspect is a typo)

BLM Twin Falls also has SOA Rptr 167.15 R 163.175 in - same as the other BLM districts show in Idaho

Yup, I show Air-Ground 19 (168.1250) as the primary, Air-Ground 54 (168.5375) as secondary and Air-Ground Idaho Department of Lands (151.1450) as tertiary for that dispatch zone. It is also listed as Air-Ground 54 (168.5375) in the 2019 National Aviation Frequency Guide assigned to, among others, Idaho Zone 04, dispatched by the Shoshone center. It is also listed that way in an official 2020 document for that dispatch center.

The Sawtooth NF and the BLM Twin Falls District are dispatched by the South Central Interagency Dispatch Center located in Shoshone, Idaho.

The BLM code for the Twin Falls District is coded as ID-02. Unit identifiers should start with a "2" and will contain 4 digits. There is a net for 2 of the 3 field offices in the district. The Shoshone Field Office is on 168.8500/163.025, which will change to comply with the 2019 NTIA allocation. It will change when funding permits, as I expect is the reason it hasn't yet. The Burley Field Office (southern portion of the district) is on 168.5625/163.0750, with the same NTIA issue. I can't find which net the Jarbidge Field Office uses, the repeater maps I have don't show any repeaters in that Field Office. It covers some of the neatest terrain in the U.S., if you appreciate remoteness, running rivers and fantastic sightings of raptors (eagles, hawks, and many others).

The Sawtooth NF has two nets, north and south. The north is on 172.2500/164.4250 and south is on 171.5000/162.6125. Per nearly all listings the first number is the repeater output and after the slash is the repeater input. The Sawtooth has 4 ranger districts:

D1 Minidoka, south near the Nevada and Utah borders, with one unit of land in northern Utah.
D3 Ketchum, in the vicinity of the town of that name
D4 Sawtooth NRA
D5 Fairfield, borders the southeastern portion of the Boise National Forest.

Here is some additional info for aviation frequencies used by the South Central Interagency Dispatch Center.

National Air Guard (168.6250) and National Flight Following each have a remote base on Mt. Harrison. This dispatch center has a "local flight following repeater net on 170.1000/164.8000. There are 3 repeaters on this net: Bennett Mtn., Mt. Harrison and Big Peak. Per RR policy I'm not listing the repeater input CTCSS tones. Repeater output tones are not shown in the guide I have.

The South Central Idaho dispatch center also provides services to 3 National Park Service units, 1 Bureau of Reclamation unit, and a few U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service units. They also have the Eastern Idaho Area Office of the Idaho Department of Lands and the Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation units in the zone.

Paysonscanner

Is Jarbidge Field Office in Nevada?

No, it is a part of the BLM Twin Falls District. Most of the Jarbidge mountains are on the USFS HTF. I can't look up the map, but I think the Jarbidge River flows from the north side of that range. I think the town of Jarbidge is located next to the upper part of this river. I've been there, but I'm in a rush so I can't confirm that.

silverspy

I wanted to reply to Paysonscanner’s question about what repeater covers the Jarbidge area of the
Burley area of the BLM. I saw some official information a few years ago that stated that the portable repeater for the district, is placed on Elk Mountain, which is on the Nevada side, just northeast of the Jarbidge wilderness.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
I wanted to reply to Paysonscanner’s question about what repeater covers the Jarbidge area of the
Burley area of the BLM. I saw some official information a few years ago that stated that the portable repeater for the district, is placed on Elk Mountain, which is on the Nevada side, just northeast of the Jarbidge wilderness.

I am going to make this my first post. The BLM Twin Falls District has three field offices, Shoshone, Burley and Jarbidge. The Shoshone Field Office covers the north half of the district. The Burley Field Office and the Jarbidge Field Office, cover the southern half, with Burley covering the eastern portion of that half, nearly 70% of it. The Jarbidge FO covers the western portion of the half. I dug a Great Basin area 2014 map showing the four radio systems the BLM has in Idaho. The Twin Falls District has two frequency pairs, one for Shoshone and one for Burley. The Burley System has a remote base on Notch Butte near Shoshone. Repeaters (from west to east) are located on Magic Mtn., Granite Pass (on the Utah state line) and Mt. Harrison. In 1991 we drove from Mountain Home, ID to Mountain City, NV. We camped at a state park, which I believe was "Bruneau Dunes." It was raining with a low cloud cover. In fact, it rained all 10 days of the trip my girlfriend and I took through Idaho. From what I could see the land was pretty flat so maybe the Jarbidge FO uses the Burley system. The repeater at Magic Mtn. might work over all of the Jarbidge Field Office and the base station at Top Notch likely covers a lot of the Jarbidge FO too.

The frequencies Paysonscanner gave us for these two BLM systems match what I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.