Key West scanner stream test

How interested are you in listening to a Key West scanner feed?

• Not interested at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I'm testing a public safety scanner feed in Key West, Florida this weekend. The audio is as good as I can get it, sorry but it's a digital system.

For now it's got fire, police, and marine stuff, but the marine freqs will probably get locked out as it does not hear them well at all.

If I can make this permanent, I will make an announcement on my Trackstreamer blog.

http://colostreaming.com:8000/botewild.m3u

Enjoy!

Bote
Trackstreamer - Streaming Scanner Audio

gcr33

Bote, the Monroe Co. system is a smartzone system and digital. It depends on where you are in the keys on what you receive.

UHF Fire still in use other than Key West

It's sounds good up North of you.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Yep, that's true. The important stuff seems to be carried county-wide.

I found a couple new talkgroups these past couple days. Also heard that unknown lower keys site blowing my doors off around Plantation Key, so I don't know what's going on there. It does seem that they updated their frequencies without telling me, so I had to reprogram my scanners down here. I'll check on the way back north now that I have more confidence in the programming and see what turns up.

The incident commander at this Big Pine Key fire keeps telling units to switch up to Lower Keys tac, but I don't hear them on the trunked nor the UHF system, so it must be simplex. I would imagine that they carry that talkgroup down here in the lowest of the lower keys.

radiomanNJ1

I heard them on the brush fire. I did not even know they were using the trunk system for fire down there. They were UHF last time I was there. There were a few call me on the cell phone messages that went out.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I heard them on the brush fire. I did not even know they were using the trunk system for fire down there. They were UHF last time I was there. There were a few call me on the cell phone messages that went out.

They switched over to Lower Keys tac and I never heard them again. I don't know if that's UHF simplex or a talkgroup not carried on the Key West site. That'd be nice to know.

The UHF system nowadays repeats the trunked fire dispatch talkgroup for the benefit of volunteers and others who want to keep in touch without forking over big buck$ for a new scanner. The audio is so-so on UHF, but that's a fact of life with the codec they use on that digital radio system.

The permanent mount point is now /botekyw
http://colostreaming.com:8000/botekyw.m3u

The only thing it hears is the Key West site of the Monroe County trunked system. That gets you Key West police and fire, as well as Monroe County S.O. (sheriff's office) and fire.

Enjoy!

Bote Man
OUT

EMD91123

I was wondering if it would be possible for you to add Aviation Stuff in there. MIAMI CENTER 132.2 MHZ,133.5 MHZ,KEY WEST APP/DEP 124.025 MHZ. You probably will also be able to get Havanna Airspace on 135.1,124.55,and 133.7

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I was wondering if it would be possible for you to add Aviation Stuff in there. MIAMI CENTER 132.2 MHZ,133.5 MHZ,KEY WEST APP/DEP 124.025 MHZ. You probably will also be able to get Havanna Airspace on 135.1,124.55,and 133.7

No way. The scanner barely hears the Key West trunked site on 800MHz. There are about a dozen other computers in that room and they throw out so much r.f. interference that it can't even hear the NOAA weather transmitter!

Sorry about that, chief.

gcr33

Bote thanks for the effort. The mini trans and now the Keys water system are on the trunk system. This is not interesting but if you found other stuff that was probably it.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Bote thanks for the effort. The mini trans and now the Keys water system are on the trunk system. This is not interesting but if you found other stuff that was probably it.

Now that it's a weekday I am hearing more stuff in search mode. I got a hit on 45136 which is precisely 32 ticks above 45102. The former is unlisted, but the latter is the electric company. They were talking about getting ready to pull, so they might be cable crews pulling new cable. Of course, train crews use that jargon, too.

I put it back in scan mode since ScannerCast doesn't send out the talkgroup numbers on unknown talkgroups in search mode. It's just cops and fire now.

They already had one wreck and I'm waiting until these storms clear because they will likely be more wrecks to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.