• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL/XTS5000 keyloading on my XTS5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

lb2910

Good morning all!!! So based on the high recommendations from others here in my past threads, I am getting my KFD Keyloader today from Daniel D. and I'm super excited. But before I go knee deep into this task, I thought I'd post a couple of questions I have regarding the keyloading process in efforts that I dont mess up the process or brick my radios. So hopefully you good folks that have experience using the KFD can give me some guidance...

First off, I installed the same encryption modules on both my XTS5000 Model 3 and my XTS5000 Model 1. I went into service mode on the model 3 and confirmed that the algos are all there. For the model 1, I have no idea how to confirm the module is working. I did read the radio on CPS and in the Secure Config section, the "Hardware" is ticked. In the "Secure Multikey 1 of 8" section, I do see CKR# and slots available (8 total). They are still defaulted to when the ADS Software encryption was ticked so I assume I can go in and edit the slots to indicate the algo for each section. But how do I confirm which algo per section? Can I just input the information based off the panel reading from my Model 3 since they are the same module?

For the Model 3, when I read it in CPS, the Hardware is ticked but there is no subsection for the Secure Multikeys. I'm going to assume because the FPP is enabled and I can see the algos in service mode CPS doesn't need to give this option? Is this correct?

Lastly, for those of you that have experience using the KFD Loader, any tips/tricks? I did watch the YouTube video a few times and think I'm ok to follow the tutorial step by step. But since I'm doing two different models of the 5000, I thought I'd head off any potential issues and post this for some help. As always, thanks to all that have given me great advice!!!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Just one note
#1 This is not a Beginner Project.
#2 Are you the Administrator or Owner of the System you are programming?
#3 If not Do you have Written Permission from the Owner or Administrator?
Good luck with your adventures as stated this is not a Beginner Project.

lb2910

I own the radios. I am also expecting the proper FCC licensing in the next week or so. I realize this is not a beginner project. I have some basic technical knowledge but ask for advice here to help.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
For KFDTool, the steps are identical for any radio. We found when loading multiple keys, choose one key of whatever flavor, and switch among radios to load that key before loading the next key. Otherwise the KFDTool is dead simple, 1/10 of the cost of a used KVL that might not have the algos you want, fast, and easy.

For your 5000, check your flash. You need H869 Multikey.

lb2910

So I was able to load a key into my radios without any issues. The folks that recommended the KFD Tool were spot on. SUPER easy and so much better than the $$$$$$ KVL!!! That said, how in the heck do I now enable the secure voice feature using the one key I loaded? I read both radios on CPS and confirmed via UCM that both encryption modules are installed correctly. Each module has 5 algos including DVI, DES, AES, etc. After loading ONE key (AES-256) in both radios, I confirmed via the KFD software that the key is present. So how do I know configure the radio to use the key I loaded for only secure voice?

Here is the flashcode if it helps:

MODEL 1

Platform: XTS5000
Flashcode: 100088-001E86-3

Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
G996: Over the Air Provisioning
H38: SmartZone Systems Operation
Q947: APCO Packet Data Interface
Q387: Conventional Voting Scan
Q173: SmartZone Omnilink MultiZone Operation
Q182: Enhanced Radio Control Protocol
Q361: ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking
Q446: Fireground Voice/Channel Announcement
Q667: ADP Software Encryption

MODEL 3

Platform: XTS5000
Flashcode: 120008-000102-5

Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
Q52: Federal Government FPP
H38: SmartZone Systems Operation
Q53: FCC FPP And Radio Cloning
Q446: Fireground Voice/Channel Announcement

lb2910

For KFDTool, the steps are identical for any radio. We found when loading multiple keys, choose one key of whatever flavor, and switch among radios to load that key before loading the next key. Otherwise the KFDTool is dead simple, 1/10 of the cost of a used KVL that might not have the algos you want, fast, and easy.

For your 5000, check your flash. You need H869 Multikey.

Understood regarding the H869 code. Can I just use one key? I'm fine with that considering how difficult it is to get upgraded flashcodes these days.

sfd119

Just one note
#1 This is not a Beginner Project.
#2 Are you the Administrator or Owner of the System you are programming?
#3 If not Do you have Written Permission from the Owner or Administrator?
Good luck with your adventures as stated this is not a Beginner Project.

Man, we don't need the radio police on here on every thread. The guy just asked some simple questions about encryption and an encryption keyloader. He's not trying to hack an ASK key here.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The OP was not told no the OP was pointed in the safe direction sorry you did not understand. If you care to look at the post following mine you see the OP answered me and I responded back with the OK THUMBS UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.