Keypad Concerns for 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparker1962

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I just received my new 396XT and noticed that the power button doesn't have the same type of button "click" as the other buttons. I was wondering if this is normal or if I should be concerned that maybe this button is slightly defective. The other number buttons seems to have a "click" when depressed were the power button (bottom left) doesn't have the same touch or "click" feeling.

I hate to see this as a beginning of problems for my new toy!

Thanks

sparker1962

Premium Subscriber
I guess what I meant to say is the power button is pushed in more than the other buttons. The button functions just fine. I guess I'm a little picky about my new investment.

rvictor

I guess what I meant to say is the power button is pushed in more than the other buttons. The button functions just fine. I guess I'm a little picky about my new investment.

I believe that's to keep it from being actuated accidentally. The power buttons on my 396XT and 346XT both appear to be that way. They still have the same "click" feel as the other keys, however.

Dick

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
It also has the light function and requires a press and hold to turn on and off. I'm pretty sure it's by design.

Most of the keypad problems were addressed with the Classic "T" model.

DJ88

It's the same way on my 396T also. I questioned it and was told it was designed that way. Not to worry. There's nothing wrong with it.

Dewey

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50255; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

If you mean "feel" when you say click, there may not be anything wrong. If you look at the buttons closely, you will see that the power button is a little more depressed than the other buttons. This is normal as it was on the "T". Because the button is a little more depressed, it has to travel a little further to feel like the other buttons, but the "feel" is harder to detect since you will be feeling the faceplate of the radio also.

Dewey

Status
Not open for further replies.