Keypad issue with the Uniden BCD996XT FIXED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Very interesting but you never actually showed what you did to the ribbon cable to fix the problem ????

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I did a light push to make sure it was seated and nothing more. I should have made that clear in the video.

N9JIG

Sheriff
That is a common issue with 996 and BCT15 scanners, I have had to do it several times on some of my radios. Early editions did not have the glop on the ribbon connector like shown in your video so I used a little Elmer's Glue to prevent it from loosening up again. Even with the glop they can loosen, likely due to expansion/contraction over time.

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
That is a common issue with 996 and BCT15 scanners, I have had to do it several times on some of my radios. Early editions did not have the glop on the ribbon connector like shown in your video so I used a little Elmer's Glue to prevent it from loosening up again. Even with the glop they can loosen, likely due to expansion/contraction over time.

Yes when I was looking for a reason for the problem that came up a few times. Other then that, it's a great scanner.

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.