• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

kguv6d

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedexer999

on page of the manual it says to hold the "8" key depressed when turning on. Then enter 2 6 8 1 6 0 and it should be in programming mode...

the "0" never appears and you cant program it

software and ;programming cable didn't work either

WB4CS

bought this radio a few months ago. Tried to program via keypad with code number.. nogo..
tried the programming cable and software.. nogo

anybody have an easy way to jumpstart this radio??

The admins will probably suggest that you create your own, new thread instead of hijacking an old one with information that's not relevant to the original post.

I have no idea what a code number is. Do you mean frequency? The general idea is, if you stare at the radio and have no idea what you're doing, you probably shouldn't be programming a radio ;)

However, there are people here that can help you if you help us. Let us know what frequency you're trying to program into the radio, any error messages you received with the programming software, and I'm sure someone can help you. There are also tons of step-by-step guides online on how to program just about any radio - use your favorite search engine and see if you can find the info you need.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
The admins will probably suggest that you create your own, new thread instead of hijacking an old one with information that's not relevant to the original post.

Done!

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I believe that radio is only programmed for the ham bands in the US. They do sell programming software and cable for it that will "unlock" it for authorized users outside of the ham bands. I stand to be corrected on this but I seem to recall reading something about it. Again, search the Threads here as it probably has been answered once or twice before.

Comint

Premium Subscriber
on page of the manual it says to hold the "8" key depressed when turning on. Then enter 2 6 8 1 6 0 and it should be in programming mode...

the "0" never appears and you cant program it

software and ;programming cable didn't work either
Not familiar with the UV6D, but on the earlier models. the 2 6 8 1 6 0 puts the radio into "Dealer Mode", which is certainly NOT required for Normal Programming.

--
Comint

baltimorecs

You do not need to do that for the UV6D as well. Just go into frequency mode enter a freq and the store in a memory location. After that you can name the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.