KHP at the Kansas State Fair

Cowley639

Premium Subscriber
Headed to the Kansas State Fair in Hutch this coming weekend (9/14/24) for the first time in about 20 years... and was curious as to what KHP uses at the fairgrounds? I've heard several troopers checking out at the Fair with central dispatch on F-KHP-2, but after that I don't hear much.

I see they have a TG on KSICS, but I also see a 800Mhz analog repeater (WPNX670) at the fairgrounds. Just wasn't sure what they used? I know i've read where the South COW is usually set-up so that leads me to believe they use the KSICS TG?

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
Headed to the Kansas State Fair in Hutch this coming weekend (9/14/24) for the first time in about 20 years... and was curious as to what KHP uses at the fairgrounds? I've heard several troopers checking out at the Fair with central dispatch on F-KHP-2, but after that I don't hear much.

I see they have a TG on KSICS, but I also see a 800Mhz analog repeater (WPNX670) at the fairgrounds. Just wasn't sure what they used? I know i've read where the South COW is usually set-up so that leads me to believe they use the KSICS TG?
They are using F-State Fair (TG 316), I've heard traffic on F-Event 3 (TG 327) related to the State Fair.

I hope this helps, happy listening.

dgruver911

Premium Subscriber
I've been back and forth a couple of times this week and listened to State Fair. It'll be pretty quiet for a while then pick up and go nuts for a bit. They supposedly also have parking and traffic talkgroups but I had no interest in searching those out. On an aside, Reno County has been dispatching a TON of EMS calls to the fair this week. At one time yesterday there were 3 back to back. At least once they had to wait for a transport unit as all 5 ambulances were busy. As of last year Reno County 911 is now also staffing a dispatch position at the Fair alongside the KHP dispatchers to handle Fire and EMS units. Medic 9 is the EMS First Responder UTV on the grounds. I believe the conventional repeater is only used by Fair Maintenance now.