KHP on KSICS & #'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

The Wretched
Curious, are KHP troopers higher ranked the lower their # is or is just how the #'s get assigned when they join? I would suppose the longer they remain the more apt they are promoted. I hear 2 digit #'s, & then 100's, 200's, 300's, & 400's...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

bchappuie

Numbers are not assigned on rank or anything, just whats available when they hire on. A buddy got his dad's number when he hired on. There are some number ranges based on department. Like all the 93xx or 94xx numbers are for motor carrier inspection, or motorist assist.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Radio numbers are assigned to Troopers when they are hired and, with a few exceptions, they keep the same radio number until they retire regardless of their rank, location or assignment. The radio number is printed on their badge and is also the license plate number on their patrol car. The only real exception is that sons/daughters traditionally will take on their parent's radio number when they retire. Radio numbers of Troopers who have been killed in the line of duty are retired in their memory.

KHP radio numbers start at 11 and go through the mid 500's for Troopers. Motor Carrier Inspectors are issued radio numbers in the 9200's. Limited law enforcement personnel working in the scale houses have 9300 series numbers (though you will rarely hear them used anymore). KHP started using 2000 series numbers a few years ago for their MAV (Motorist Assistance) units. Capitol Police have numbers in the 1000 series, but the usually only go by "Capitol p" and the last 2 number- like "Capitol 85".

The state has a list of radio numbers by agency they are assigned to- I posted it years ago on RR but am not sure where it has gone. For example, The Governor is 1, LT Gov is 2, etc through the cabinet until number 10. State radio numbers in the 600's are KBI. 800's are Fire Marshall. When state numbers are used on local systems, the user is supposed to put "K" in front of it- "K226"

SCPD

QRT
Hey KAA951, how about a re-post of the list if you would be kind enough to do it. Assuming you can find it, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.