KHP Wichita Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
Was in Wichita today, never heard any traffic on the KHP Metro, have they move to the Sedwick county system on the KHP TG?

dgruver911

I'm not much help. I often hear troops say they are switching to Metro, but I honestly don't monitor it. There is frequently traffic on SG County's KHP 1 in addition to F-KHP-1 on KSICS. But I primarily listen to F-KHP-2 since that includes Harvey County. I'll make a point to throw it in a radio today and give a listen. As I have time I'll try to compare SG KHP 1, Metro, and F-KHP-1 to see which if any is patched across.

dgruver911

What I see so far is there is no patch or simulcast between KSICS KHP and SG Co KHP talkgroups. What's heard on one is not heard on the other. It appears as though they are completely separate channels. I hear both dispatch and units on SG-KHP 1. It's far busier than F-KHP-1. I've heard the same dispatcher jump back and forth from SG KHP-1 to F-KHP-1 to answer different units. I have to think that somehow KHP Dispatch is hardwired into SG-KHP-1 as a separate channel on their consoles. I'll ask one of our troops how that all officially is supposed to be used. Haven't heard anything on Metro-1 yet.

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
I was down there again, heard a lot of traffic on F-KHP-1, a few traffic stops in the metro on 135, and 235, never got anything traffic from the Metro Channels, or SG-KHP Channels I think I may have the wrong Sedwick CC to my 436.

Thanks for checking on your end.

peterjmag

They are on the Sedgwick County System. TG 85 is dispatch and have been using TG 87 as a car to car lately. Hopefully that helps?

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
KHP units in Sedgwick, Shawnee, Johnson and Wyandotte counties operate on the local 800 systems. Outside of those counties, they operate on KSICS channels. This is due to the better coverage those local systems have in the metro areas and so they can work more closely with local police and sheriff departments in those counties.

KDOT has pushed back against any attempts by KHP to patch the local KHP channels to those on KSICS as they complain it would tie up the limited KSICS repeaters too much.The only time I have heard them patch local channels to KSICS is during pursuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.