kiawah island scanner codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundman

I am going to kiawah island for vaction .What are the best codes for police fire and ems down there .I see there is several .But what are the close and the best ones to lison to that work the island .
Thanks for your help
Chris

qball

Premium Subscriber
You will need a P25 (digital) scanner for sure. Your best bet is to listen to the (2) Charleston County 800MHz systems. There is an analog Motorola SmartNet 800MHz trunked system and the P25 digital system as well. Kiawah Island security is on UHF.

EMS and CC Sheriff's Office are on the P25 system. I think that the St. Johns FD which covers Johns, Kiawah, Wadmalaw, and Seabrook Islands is still on the analog system.

No matter what, make sure that you check the database.

Soundman

Thanks

Well I have a bc296d so I am set for digital .I been looking for a place to try my p25 card. I just need to know if it north end or east end and so on .So what database should I look at ? Thanks for the help .
Chris

qball

Premium Subscriber
Here is the link to the Charleston County information. Just drill down to the information that you need. You can also look at the top of this page and click on the "Database" link to get to links to the nations largest list of frequency information.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2322

Enjoy listening to Bridge View. Bridge View is the EMS, County Fire, and Rescue dispatch center.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.