kiddie radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarrySC

49.86 was the most common. I have a couple of Gonset 6 meter communicatiors and had JAN crystal make me some 49.86's for them. On Christmas morning I would fire up the 25watt rig and get on the air. MAN you would not beleive the fun I had. Told them I was on Mtn top at the USSR sat tracking station about 50 miles away. That was a real place. Tuned HF receiver to RTTY and told them it was a sat comming overhead. I wore out their batteries and turned off the Gonset til next christmas.

R

Rayjk110

I can't wait to fire up my Motorola Spectra on FRS/GMRS christmas morning.

hah

trace1

landonjensen said:
What frequency do those little kiddy / 99 cent store radios run on ?

Doing more research for your Uncle’s catering business??? ;)

landonjensen

Haha
no thats not why
my little cousin had some we he came over to my house, i kept asking myself what frequencys those would run on, so i asked.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
CLTX11 said:
Same thing we are all probably thinking :)

Boy, ya'll just won't let this kid make it! Landon, you sure are taking it in stride, just keep on asking any question you need and as you see, some will always answer you properly. But you can't ever have a thread without someone second-guessing or diverting from the topic at hand. And even though I am trying to help out a little, as you see, I am diverting from the topic as well, so no one is immune to it! And as for those kiddie radios, man, I haven't played with those in a long, long time! I was always told that they could receive bleed over from ham stations, so I would guess that the 49.86 frequency is correct since it adjacent to 50 MHZ.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi all,

"Told them I was on Mtn top at the USSR sat tracking station about 50 miles away."

Oh boy, that brings back memories! I fed the CB walkie talkies such lines of BS you would be amazed. I used sound effects in the background too, the record track "Etherial Space Sounds" (on a professional sound effects album) was my favorite. Remember when Herman Munster thought he was talking to space aliens on his ham radio? It works bothways you know! (;->)

Oh, transmitting out of band with a 6M 15W AM "Gooney Box" is illegal and so is communicating with an unlicensed station but CB was a licensed service then and the same rule applied so please don't mind this pot calling you kettle black. (;->) BTW, how was the TVI when you transmitted practically in the TV's video IF passband?

On the other side of the coin was concealing a walkie and a big battery in the bushes near a CBer's house and watching him going nuts trying to locate the "carrier chucker". My favorite was the cross wired Starlite AM/CB combo tuned to a "soul music" station broadcasting to the local White Supremacists. Whacking a hornet's nest with a stick is fun, providing you're smarter than the hornets. (;->)

Status
Not open for further replies.