Kilgore NXDN IDAS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkco

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm that this system (Kilgore Construction) is working and if yes, what scanner are you using? I can find one control channel with LCN 1 151.52000 - the site is broadcasted as 5 but that I'm nowhere near that. I never hear traffic. I would just like to confirm it is working for others and then assume I'm too far away or my SDS100/200 can not decode it.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
It works, but the LCN's are hard to find and follow cuz multiple sites the frequencies are the same, I tried to research kilgore while I was up there, but it's a very hard system to follow... And with it being an IDAS system and NXDN it's very difficult, LCN's are required for the scanner to trunk it properly.

kirkco

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for responding! I even visited several sights in SLC area yesterday to try to figure this out (it's a personal challenge lol). I can get a good signal and find the control channel off several sites but can't trunk anything. I can get voice once-in-awhile while scanning in Conventional Mode. I think it does have something to do with the LCN's + Area and or Ran assignments. I live next to a Kilgore Pit and their gravel trucks make life miserable sometimes, so it would be nice to listen in occasionally.

ChrisHansen

Feed Provider

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I just programed it into my SDS100. ID Searching, it sometimes stops and displays TG2043, but no audio.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
It’s really a hard system to pin down, me and Chris Hansen have tried to get it figured out but it’s a confusing system, even with dsdplus

kirkco

Premium Subscriber
I just programed it into my SDS100. ID Searching, it sometimes stops and displays TG2043, but no audio.
Thank you for trying. I get the same results. I'm starting to wonder if they use another system altogether. I find a lot of gravel pit and gravel hauler type activity overs on Alpha Communication's DMR TRBO system, that I haven't been able to ID - so you never know.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for trying. I get the same results. I'm starting to wonder if they use another system altogether. I find a lot of gravel pit and gravel hauler type activity overs on Alpha Communication's DMR TRBO system, that I haven't been able to ID - so you never know.
They (Kilgore)uses that nxdn IDAS system, it’s just a confusing system

Status
Not open for further replies.