Killington Ski Area - New DMR System

Sh3rb3rt

Not sure how to update the database. Sugarbush's DMR system needs to added to the database from information on another thread here as well..

As far as updates to this thread:

I believe this is the Channel / Talk Group structure at Killington.
ID: 255 All Radios
ID: 10 Channel 1 Patrol / Grooming
ID: 12 Channel 2 Lift Ops / Grooming
ID: 14 Channel 3 Snowmaking
ID: 16 Channel 4? Plows / Parking
ID: 18 Channel 5? Instructors
ID: 20 Channel 6 Shuttles
ID: 22 Channel 7? Lift Maintenance
ID: 24 Channel 8 Events

I'm Still trying to verify radio call sign structure and can't yet confirm the info below with confidence.
Call signs of 3 are Shuttle Drivers?
Call signs of 6 are Lift Maintenance?
Call signs of 7 are Groomers?
I'm hearing an instructor identifying himself as "1400"
The Snowmaking control room operator(s) appear to go by "600"

I just recently attached an antenna to my scanner that's cut for the proper frequency range and with it can now hear Killington from where I live. (About a hour and a half drive north) Which is just incredible given the terrain and distance.
I keep listening and will update here when I can confirm the call sign structure. Or anything else notable.

Thank you to everyone for your help here, I would not be able to hear anything from Killington without you!

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Not sure how to update the database. Sugarbush's DMR system needs to added to the database from information on another thread here as well..
It's really simple. You go to the Washington County, Vermont DB page. Click on MENU, then Submit Changes.
Click on "Trunked Data", and make sure it says "New Trunked System" on the top box.
Enter all the information below it.

In order to add a DMR system, I will need the following information:
*DMR Flavor (Cap+, CapMax, Con+, etc)
*All the frequencies, their color code and LCN.
*All of the site information. (Even if it is a single site).
*All identified talkgroups, with **as much detail as possible**

Without these details, I will end up holding it and being a PITA asking for the details.

It also helps me out tremendously to have the FCC license included.

Get that done, I will add it to the DB within 2-4 days.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
The database still does not have all this new stuff in it, just 4 new talkgroups and 4 freqs, is there any updates to this??

The Database only has the confirmed 4 talkgroups. The other 4 were unconfirmed.
If the users of the others are IDed, and someone submits them, I will add them.

It does however have all six frequencies.

creeperjeep

Lit GMRS
Law enforcement used my rental radio system atop Killington on VHF which was MotoTRBO encrypted, as the 1st year of this new event, criminals were able to monitor VT SP using UHF analog simplex, so the following years I switched them over to my VHF encrypted repeater channels.

If you want additional event details or frequencies, private message me.
Interested in that story

GraniteScanner

Radio Nerd
Premium Subscriber
I am interested in this story. Sounds like a super cool setup though.
Law enforcement used my rental radio system atop Killington on VHF which was MotoTRBO encrypted, as the 1st year of this new event, criminals were able to monitor VT SP using UHF analog simplex, so the following years I switched them over to my VHF encrypted repeater channels.

Machria

Premium Subscriber

As far as updates to this thread:

I believe this is the Channel / Talk Group structure at Killington.
ID: 255 All Radios
ID: 10 Channel 1 Patrol / Grooming
ID: 12 Channel 2 Lift Ops / Grooming
ID: 14 Channel 3 Snowmaking
ID: 16 Channel 4? Plows / Parking
ID: 18 Channel 5? Instructors
ID: 20 Channel 6 Shuttles
ID: 22 Channel 7? Lift Maintenance
ID: 24 Channel 8 Events

I'm Still trying to verify radio call sign structure and can't yet confirm the info below with confidence.
Call signs of 3 are Shuttle Drivers?
Call signs of 6 are Lift Maintenance?
Call signs of 7 are Groomers?
I'm hearing an instructor identifying himself as "1400"
The Snowmaking control room operator(s) appear to go by "600"

I just recently attached an antenna to my scanner that's cut for the proper frequency range and with it can now hear Killington from where I live. (About a hour and a half drive north) Which is just incredible given the terrain and distance.
I keep listening and will update here when I can confirm the call sign structure. Or anything else notable.

Thank you to everyone for your help here, I would not be able to hear anything from Killington without you!
Any updates to this?

Machria

Premium Subscriber
The ski season is a little slow right now, so there probably isn't much radio activity. And no one has submitted any more updates.
“Skiing is slow…” sure, BUT Killington is the east coast HQ’s for mountain biking, so the resort can get pretty busy especially on weekends. 😉

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
“Skiing is slow…” sure, BUT Killington is the east coast HQ’s for mountain biking, so the resort can get pretty busy especially on weekends. 😉
I know. It was tongue in cheek. I imagine with all the flooding and Route 4 being shut down, that the area is currently very very quiet.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
I know. It was tongue in cheek. I imagine with all the flooding and Route 4 being shut down, that the area is currently very very quiet.
No, busy as ussual. Rt 4 was opened next day. The resort had almost no damage, only east mnt rd had damage (a rd that goes from the main part of resort (snowshed, k1, ramshead base areas) to the other side (bear mnt and Sunrise mnt). But the resort is open, and bikers and lifts are riding away… You can see via their webcams…