Kim Jong IL dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
If you're up early, be sure to tune into the Korean SW radio station tomorrow AM (5am PDT) for English NA broadcast on 9335khz.

Last edited:

Tracker

I heard that they did a short range rocket test fire today...? I guess their trying to show that they are still capable n in command?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Hmm PDT(PST acually) is pacific time zone, not hard to figure out at all and definatly not meaningless Unless you can not do math. For me that makes it 4am local what is hard about that?

Last edited:

majoco

Stirrer
That's all very fine if you know what the difference is between PST and UTC and/or your local time and whether you're on DST or not and if I'm on DST - so how many sums do I have to do? Have a look and see where I live - do you know what time it is here off the top of your head - no, of course not. Sure, it's not rocket science but it would be a damn sight easier if you put 0500(PST) 1200(UTC) or whatever it is.

scannerboy01

This is a good example as to why they put the Universal in to UTC so that everybody can know what time it is. The time of my post is 20:22 UTC. The time of my post is in local time (UTC -7) is 13:22. Now, everyone can know what time I posted with no confusion.

Last edited:

majoco

Stirrer
Well done, scannerboy01. I know quite a few that do post in UTC and I believe in the intro for newbies it says that times should be expressed in UTC. I have a digital clock in my radio stack that shows UTC and when I record anything in the middle of the night I use a stereo recorder programme (RipVynil or ScanRec) and have WWV on one track for later listening - fortunately they don't use PST or whatever :)

Status
Not open for further replies.