Kimmy JS19 UK Scanning Directory - anybody dealt with them?

Bertonumber1

Dear forum, first time poster here on the forum though I have spent a considerable amount of time here over the years reading through various posts/threads.

I'm seeking clarification about a KIMMY JS19 UK Scanning Directory CDROM and if any of the members here have dealt with the guy?

I'm not wanting to accuse anyone of anything but I've not heard anything back at all since I ordered a Cdrom two weeks ago.

The cdrom is sold as a database titled UKscanning directory.

I had waited before contacting the email address provided by PayPal were £9.00 was deducted (I know its pennies but incase it turns out to be a scam and this can prevent it happening to anyone else).

I've received no replies to my emails and am wondering if any of the members here know anything about this CDROM or anything whether positive or negative in respect of the seller.

Admin/mods please accept my apologies if I have posted in the wrong forum or thread.

morfis

Scam - probably not (though a bunch of text files of dubious accuracy is what you would get).

The people who sell the cdrom also set up a uk scanning bulletin board, UK Radio Scanning Forum • Index page Doesn't look very active but you could try asking about delays via there

Bertonumber1

Scam - probably not (though a bunch of text files of dubious accuracy is what you would get).

The people who sell the cdrom also set up a uk scanning bulletin board, UK Radio Scanning Forum • Index page Doesn't look very active but you could try asking about delays via there
Hi @morfis thanks very much for replying to my post. I am relatively new to the radio forums. I saw this cdrom somewhere (cannot remember where) and bought it.
I'll dig around some more and see what I can find.

Again thank you

Much appreciated

morfis

Hi @morfis thanks very much for replying to my post. I am relatively new to the radio forums. I saw this cdrom somewhere (cannot remember where) and bought it.

You don't know where you bought it?
I've seen it advertised on ebarf and the seller also has/had a website (sales website - in addition to the bulletin board one and with a different base URL)

There are other people in the UK who are willing to sell you frequency info they have collected online from bulletin boards or from the freely available OFCOM WTR database. Even more geared to fleece the airband listening community!

Are any of these things really worth it? Guess that depends on the person paying but generally I'd say it's very unlikely to represent good value.

There is a UK scanning list on ScanUK groups.io Group - again, doesn't look very active but is 'free' and will certainly be more up to date than any cdroms.
A slightly busier UK group is Transmission1 - Index page much wider remit than 'scanning' (and scanning forms only a small part of it but it is active)

truckerdeg

Dear forum, first time poster here on the forum though I have spent a considerable amount of time here over the years reading through various posts/threads.

I'm seeking clarification about a KIMMY JS19 UK Scanning Directory CDROM and if any of the members here have dealt with the guy?

I'm not wanting to accuse anyone of anything but I've not heard anything back at all since I ordered a Cdrom two weeks ago.

The cdrom is sold as a database titled UKscanning directory.

I had waited before contacting the email address provided by PayPal were £9.00 was deducted (I know its pennies but incase it turns out to be a scam and this can prevent it happening to anyone else).

I've received no replies to my emails and am wondering if any of the members here know anything about this CDROM or anything whether positive or negative in respect of the seller.

Admin/mods please accept my apologies if I have posted in the wrong forum or thread.
i ordered the same got no reply back contacted paypal got my money back

Bertonumber1

UKSCANNING DIRECTORY (CDROM) 2021 ONWARDS BY KIMMYJS19 IS A SCAM-A CHEEKY-LYING ANGRY AT BEING CAUGHT OUT LITTLE MAN
AVOID THIS MAN AT ALL COSTS TAKE THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE GROUPS ADVICE AND USE RR OR WTR.

I ordered one plus a custom list, heard nothing and am about to complain to Paypal.
Hi there, thanks for replying. I meant to update on this but I've been really busy.
So after some advice I contacted PayPal. I wasn't too bothered about the money (£8.95) it was more the principle and to prevent it happening to anyone else.

This guy is fully aware of what he's doing. Not long after I had the refund I notified PayPal who stated this guy KIMMYJS19 had refused point blank to cooperate with them ignoring several messages.

I had kimmyJS19s whatsapp messages still in my account and replied to the latest one.
He stated he was "poorly" and had "a load of more important sh*t to deal with rather than sending cd roms to people". (the cheeky b*gger)
I responded by saying he could've refunded or notified the alrady paid customers of a delay (given the fact his website was still open for business with no mention of any poor health or delays).

When I challenged him further about this and asked him why he was still open for business and taking folks cash without sending any goods.... I received a volley of abuse stating "you should be happy you got a effin refund" (he failed to see the refund wasn't from him but PayPal) and he is as good as a rat thief.

The conclusion is he IS scamming people by hoping noone chases up the small amount. A scam is a scam is a scam.

I have all the PayPal account details, photos messages if anyone wants it. I wouldn't dare write disrespecting anyone involved in radio if I never knew for sure they were no good.

I just don't want anyone else falling for this chancer

Thank you for your time guys

Stay safe.

footage

Premium Subscriber
After a PayPal complaint they responded and sent me files. Haven't looked at them yet but they responded with a day to spare.

BoltonBill

I bought it and everything is years out of date and no digital frequencies I wouldn't bother buying it.

M7DIL

I totally agree with this description. The guy is a total bellend!! I also had to get a refund from Paypal. AVOID at all costs.