kinda the same strange but different...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
I have my 15x in my office for months with no issues... Over the weekend we added a new desktop computer to the array of systems here ( now 3 desktops and 1 laptop). whe I turned on the 15x today I got a lot of interference..so i went through a whole set of solutions.. (outside antenna, different power circuit) what i discovered was that when my laptop is unplugged from the network via CAT 5 the horrible noise disappeared.. but still some distortion and interference a couple channels when the new system was powered. What i am wondering is what could be the problem and why the worst interference is when a "connection" that has been in effect forever is causing that problem... is there a way to get rid of the issue. Thanks for your help

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
i know this is going to sound dumb but something similiar happened to me like this awhile back although not with the same type of scanner. can you try plugging the radio into a different outlet. I found that mine being plugged into the same outlet that the other stuff was is what caused my issues. dont know why, but all i know is when i plugged the scanner into a different outlet the sound was gone

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
yea did that and still got the sound till i unplugged the laptop.. its really strange i even thught it was a bod network router and changed it out but still horrible noise when plugged in..

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
Bad network card in the laptop. Call the manufacturer. It undoubtedly fails FCC class B emissions levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.