Kindle Scanner App

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
I bought a Kindle 3 last night

I am looking for a scanner app for it

i tried listening to the feeds on here, but it doesnt have flash player, nor will it download the files to play in the media player.

Anyone have a suggestion on how I can listen to the scanner feeds via Amazon kindle 3?

much appreciated

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
Did you find anyting that would work on the Kindle I am thinking about getting one

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
No offense, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. The Kindle doesn't have any "apps" I'm aware of, and wasn't really designed to be an iPad (or similar) competitor. Yeah, you can access the 'net, but that's about it. Its real niche is books. I highly doubt you can get streaming audio over it.

K

kb0nly

No offense, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. The Kindle doesn't have any "apps" I'm aware of, and wasn't really designed to be an iPad (or similar) competitor. Yeah, you can access the 'net, but that's about it. Its real niche is books. I highly doubt you can get streaming audio over it.

Tried the wife's Kindle on this a while back, if you go to the web browser you can indeed go to the live audio on RR and select a feed and play it in the web player, at least i was able to. The audio ain't great but it isn't terrible either and a set of headphones makes it sound just as good as streaming on a computer.

Was stuck on a trip away from home without a computer and the Kindle was all i had access to so i tried it and it worked!

fmurphy

Premium Subscriber
you might give the Barnes/Noble NOOK a try. A little more expensive but I can listen to RR feeds on mine.........

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
hi,
thanks for all the replies!

it wont let me listen to the feeds on RR. because the kindle doesnt support java or the type of link for the web player. :(

I guess i am out of luck for listening to the scanner app/feeds on the kindle

Status
Not open for further replies.