King City FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
I was just wondering does the King City FD (Washington County) have it's own dispatch center? I have seen the Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue as being there dispatch communications center. I have seen also the Washington County Fire Agencies, as being the Dispatch center too. This is where it gets confusing cause there is no reference in RR, to King City FD at all. Anybody could shed some light on the subject would be very helpful.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
King City does not have a fire department of its own. They are covered by Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue Station 35. They are dispatched on the Washington County / Clackamas County / Newberg 800 MHz system specifically on the Washington County Fire talkgroups. They are dispatched by Washington County Consolidated Communications Agency (WCCCA).

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue - Official Website - King City Station 35

Washington County / Clackamas County / Newberg Trunking System, Various, Oregon - Scanner Frequencies

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
King City did have their own department back before they merged with then Tualatin Valley Rural Fire Protection District, but that was more than 40 years ago.

Sta. 35 has a four-person engine staffed via three rotating shifts. Medic 35 (MED35) is staffed Tuesday through Friday as a two-person peak-activity unit, to handle the many EMS calls in King City and the surrounding areas. Co-located at this station are two tenders, known as 35A and 35B, which can be manned in place of the engine, should a call somewhere in the rural areas of the district need water.

The current station was built in 1972 and was slated to be rebuilt - I'm not sure if TVF&R is still planning on doing that.

As OregonScanner said, they are dispatched by WCCCA, and have been for at least 20 years. My county 911 history is a little rusty, but I know that much for sure.

Last edited:

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information and the dispatching center, I will be living in the King City area in July on a full time basis, would you gentlemen know which talk group ID that they are assigned or which Ops WC Fire Ops that they use?

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
They are dispatched on WCCCA Fire Dispatch (aka "Firecom") (TGID 50640) and routine calls will be shared with the rest of TVF&R on Ops 34 (TGID 50512). If there is a need for fire and police to be patched together for a call, this will generally be on Ops 37 (TGID 50608) and announced at time of dispatch. Fires and other major events will occur on Ops 35 & 36 (50480 & 50448).

Status
Not open for further replies.