King County Medic One Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocguard

Which talk groups are KCM1 units actually dispatched on? Are the dispatched by ValleyCom? Do they get paged on the VHF channel that's listed in the database? I see KCM1 paramedics carrying alphanumeric pagers as well. Is this a county-owned paging system? Or a private carrier?

RBMTS

Medic One units are dispatched by the agencies that would also dispatch the fire units. In this case it would be Seattle (for SFD stations), ValleyCom (for southern King departments) and Norcom (for northern King departments). Their units numbers begin with an "A" and will match the respective stations numbers they are out of. There is no single dispatch frequency for Medic One units.

As for the pagers, they are on the county alpha paging system of 152.0075. Again, they are dispatched in the same format as their FD brothers.

Hope this helps you.

FFSOD7189

Retired Fire Lieutenant
Premium Subscriber
Hello, King County Medic, no relation to SFD Medic 1 two seperate agencies

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Medic One units are dispatched by the agencies that would also dispatch the fire units. In this case it would be Seattle (for SFD stations), ValleyCom (for southern King departments) and Norcom (for northern King departments). Their units numbers begin with an "A" and will match the respective stations numbers they are out of. There is no single dispatch frequency for Medic One units.

As for the pagers, they are on the county alpha paging system of 152.0075. Again, they are dispatched in the same format as their FD brothers.

Hope this helps you.

Actually, they begin with an M NOT with an A. I should know because the other day I was at BFD Station #2 on 148th and was also at SFD Station #28 on Rainier Avenue S and both have Medic cars that start with M (i.e. M28)

RBMTS

Actually, they begin with an M NOT with an A. I should know because the other day I was at BFD Station #2 on 148th and was also at SFD Station #28 on Rainier Avenue S and both have Medic cars that start with M (i.e. M28)

What I was referring to was for radio comms - not what the ambulance is badged as. So yes the medic ambulance units show "Mxx" BUT they are dispatched as "A-xx" or "Aid-xx". The same is true of your area to the south. For example, Renton has Aid 11, 12, 13 (etc).

** EDIT ** - Sorry I will concede that some departments also have "Medic" cars in addition to the ambulance. Bellevue does indeed have them. Not all departments have this type of equipment. But in most cases (for people's listening pleasure), Aid-xx or "A-xx" is the ambulance.

Last edited:

FFSOD7189

Retired Fire Lieutenant
Premium Subscriber
Just so every knows Professional Union Firefighters refer to Ambulances as Private's ! A BLS unit in the Fire Department is an Aid Car and a ALS unit in the Fire Department is a Medic Unit

DickH

Just so every knows Professional Union Firefighters refer to Ambulances as Private's ! A BLS unit in the Fire Department is an Aid Car and a ALS unit in the Fire Department is a Medic Unit

Do you mean in the Seattle area? Other parts of the country may be vastly different.

FFSOD7189

Retired Fire Lieutenant
Premium Subscriber
Pacific Northwest Puget Sound area. Fire Department based ambulances are called Aid cars, A74, A15, A14. Fire Department Paramedic units are called Medic Units, M10, M1, M71. Did you ever watch the TV Show Emergency? Johnny and Roy who were LA County Paramedic's who also Ran BLS calls had Private Ambulance do the transports. They came up to Seattle in an episode to see how Seattle Fire ran EMS calls and were surprised to see EMT Firefighters responding to BLS calls in a unit called an Aid car. This was back in the 70's

Status
Not open for further replies.