King County Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Can't receive Security and Safety departments of Metro Transit. I set up the Simulcast and Convention Place sites of the system, and the TGs are labeled "D" for digital. I'm getting the control frequency from the Simulcast site so what gives? Could they possibly be Phase 2?

storm777

Premium Subscriber
The King County Metro Transit system is a p25 II system so you know the requirements to monitor that type of system. However, you should regularly hear KC Metro Transit Police, transit security and Sound Transit Police on the Seattle/King Co. (KCERS) public safety system. They are all pretty active; I hear them all the time from Tacoma on the Valleycom site. The TGs are in the database.

Hope this helps.

John

storm777

Premium Subscriber
Yup yup you got me there, Wilrobnson. Got to learn to think before typing or maybe be fully awake :)

I think some initial confusion arose from the database listing for this system. Even thought it is a TDMA system as stated in the "System Type" entry, the TG modes are listed as "D" (digital) rather than as "T" (TDMA). Contrast with the SouthSound911 listing which shows both D and T talkgroups.

transitman

Having just returned from a trip to Seattle, I can confirm the "storm 777" post regarding hearing KC Metro & Sound Transit police on the KCERS system. Very active!

storm777

Premium Subscriber
kd7kdc!

You did it again! Thanks for changing the database. I got busy at work and didn't have a chance to put in a formal submission. Good catch.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
The King County Metro Transit system is a p25 II system so you know the requirements to monitor that type of system. However, you should regularly hear KC Metro Transit Police, transit security and Sound Transit Police on the Seattle/King Co. (KCERS) public safety system. They are all pretty active; I hear them all the time from Tacoma on the Valleycom site. The TGs are in the database.

Hope this helps.

John

I get Metro Transit and Sound Police on my scanner. I don't have security but I'll look for it. I don't know why someone didn't notice this before me.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Working with Whistler on getting this system debugged for the Whistler TRX-1 -- which fails to decode this system at all. It's only about 75% decode on the PSR-800. It's full decode on the Uniden BCD436HP. Likely a Motorola LSM issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.