King George County Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlr8

Premium Subscriber
We were visiting King George County over the Christmas break and I was noticing that there's not much to listen to in this area other than the random KG Sheriff and Fire/Rescue channels. Even the common Marine channels were quiet. Any suggestions on interesting civilian or mil things to listen to on the Virginia side of the Potomac when we go back this summer in addition to the FXBG and VSP trunked systems?

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to get comms from Westmoreland P25 (fire dept) and Stafford County P25 700 public safety. King George Sheriff is usually busy. Also Maryland Firstnet has a site in Saint Mary's you could try for any traffic.

xlr8

Premium Subscriber
Good to know - thanks. Was hoping that the Marine channels would have had more traffic on them, but it was during the holidays. Not much local aero traffic either other than DCA/Potomac approach traffic.

fredva

Feed Provider
I can confirm that you would have better reception of Stafford Fire/EMS in that area than Spotsylvania, although it can be a little hit-or-miss with receiving Stafford. Stafford can be somewhat busy. In addition to FIRSTNet, I believe Charles County MD still has its own public safety system that you would be able to receive. There's also the Joint National Capital Region system.

fredva

Feed Provider
Also good to know, thanks. Do you think I could pick up the Caroline County system from near Dahlgren?
I don't monitor Caroline regularly, but I occasionally monitor them if I'm going to be passing through that county. I think most likely, Dahlgren is a little too far north. You can try, but I think that's going to be too much of a stretch. In southern King George, such as the Route 3 corridor, Caroline can be monitored.

Status
Not open for further replies.