king george help

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndeerefan

i live in callao and when i put king george fire and rescue in my scanner all i pick up is cable tv i live in a complex could that be it and i also cant pick up the police channel i have a unidenbc350c

KF4ZTO

Could be one of many things, I've had the problems of picking up cable TV sound on my scanner in apartment complexes as well, it shouldn't happen but it does. The only real solution I've found for that problem is moving your scanner (and more importantly antenna) to a different location. If you can't hear either the fire or sheriff repeaters it is probably due to poor location. Can you hear the sheriff's repeater when you're outside your complex? Are you using the scanner's stock antenna or some sort of other antenna setup?

I'm not that familiar with King George's system, but the DB page for it says the sheriff repeater (159.0900) can be encrypted. If this is the case, maybe King George is running DVP?

Hopefully somebody who lives closer to this area can shed some light on your issue.

fredva

Feed Provider
The deputies and the dispatchers talking on the sheriff's frequency usually don't use encryption. I don't pick up King George very clearly here in Fredericksburg. If anybody who lives in or near King George and gets better reception would like to set up a KG scanner feed, feel free.

ka4gfy

What you probably have is a leaky cable system in your apartment complex. Cable systems are are allowed to use all sorts of frequencies from VHF low band through the UHF region in order to get all those channels to your cable box or TV. I believe the only place they are not allowed is the aircraft band (108 - 138 MHz). You might also check some other frequencies as well. I know 145.245 is a center frequency for one of the cable channels. Any ham with a 2 meter radio will hear that long before the cable repair people will. In sme cases, the cable company would appreciate knowing they have a leak somewhere.

Rich, KA4GFY

arvellabill

I am from the callao region, Mundy Point, but have not been home in over 10 yrs so I know things have changed freq. wise all were on the old 39.000 bands and as I remember I had trouble with that department it is about 50 miles away. I used to receive the US Park PD on 166.925 which offers some interesting listening. Write me an email, I would like to hear from someone from home Bill
arvellabill@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.