King of Motos / King of Hammers Freq's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avdrummerboy

The rescue 3 frequencies will be busy. Also zone 4 800MHz TRS will be the ambulance talkgroups for any transports or fire responses to the race! As for VHF, CalCord, and possibly the county 2 or 4 frequencies along with the county "V" tactical channels. All of these can be found in the san bernardino county database page on here.

Let me know if you need any more specifics, the local ambulance company I work for is the medical side of the race.

glennwsb

Thank you avdrummerboy!
That part of the desert is new to me. Your info is a big help!
I was also trying to find the race control frequencies as my son will be racing in the Kign of Motos this week end.

avdrummerboy

Not a problem, I am not doing medical standby this year, but this is THE event of the year for our company lol. As for race control frequencies, I'm not entirely sure, if I had to guess it would be a UHF 450-470 range frequency. Rescue 3 also announces which courses/ races are starting.

glennwsb

Thanks LZJSR
My son asked one of the organizers and was told..
"We are given the radios we don't what the frequencies are"
So this may well be the same group supplying the radios.

avdrummerboy

That's possible, I know most of the races we work are UHF radios handed out before the races, so I'd just do an open scan search in that range. Also listen to FRS/GMRS as a lot of activity happens on those channels during events like this.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Mercy Air for that region is usually on 155.22 and 131.675...and on 4 CommCenter on the TRS system 4.

techman210

BLM dropped in a temporary repeater for the event on their regular Admin channel - 166.375 MHz I believe - over a week ago. I heard the techs talking to dispatch about Analog or Digital, so there is a chance P25 may be used out there, but all I heard was analog communications at that time.

SCPD

QRT
The frequency, 151.475, in the first post on the link provided is incorrect. It is allocated for forestry/conservation uses and unavailable for uses like this. At least this is as it appears given the allocations and regulations in force as I know them. I never say never!

Status
Not open for further replies.