King Soopers Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyB

I was at a local King Soopers the other day and I noticed that the security guard was armed. I was wondering if King Soopers uses off-duty officers, as opposed to the security guards at most stores, such as Target or Best Buy. Do they use radios?

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
My info's a little old, but AFAIK they employ several former officers, but no off-duty. They are classified as private armed guards. No radios since they generally work alone at a store and the company has no mobile units. They assist LP, who work the cameras to bust shoplifters (and employees.)

Thayne

King Soopers has some UHF Freqs, (No repeaters) they use for security. As I remember they are grouped and different stores use different groups, but all the radios have the groups programmed.

They used to hire a lot of off duty denver sheriff deputies, but now it is mostly their own employees unless there is a need for more muscle like store 21. (Queen Soopers)

I think they are in the FCC database but you will have to get the analog or digital tones with a scanner;
In the parking lot is close enough. Most of the traffic will be employees in the attic or watching cameras in the office spotting shoplifters and alerting the security guards who to stop with (real) beef in their pants:)

jfab

I thought they hired off-duty officers....wasn't there an incident involving an off duty Aurora Officer that was working security at a King Soopers not too long ago?

Troop

I thought they hired off-duty officers....wasn't there an incident involving an off duty Aurora Officer that was working security at a King Soopers not too long ago?

The shopping center property owner hired APD off-duty usually on fri or sat nites for parking lot shananigians

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
I should have specified: the people I was referring to are the ones in the light-blue Kings uniforms. I forgot that they don't have enough to go around, so certain stores are allowed to hire cops or sheriffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.