• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kirisun PT8200 Transeiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Help! I ordered a cable and software from Quality Radio and they informed me the Kirisun is no longer going to be sold in the US. They have no cables and cannot order from Kirisun as they have been bought out. Does anyone know of anywhere else to get a cable or can anyone let me borrow a cable so I can program five radios and will send it back to you. Thanks!

KM4EHP

PT8200

I just ordered a PT8200 from ebay ($86 top bid including delivery) and am awaiting delivery. I also ordered a programming cable from the 409SHOP (from the photo it looks like a copy that will require the old Prolific driver). 409SHOP LIMITED (HK) 2-way Radio accessory Wholesale

I also downloaded the programming software from Kirisun which is kap8200_v.2.23. This software appears to be for the 128 channel radio and even shows the radio specification as PT8200F. From all the previous discussions, I am concerned that the v2.23 software will not work. However, it seems that folks are having success with the v1.22 software which isn't available from the Kirisun web site.

Thus, I too would appreciate it if someone could let me know of a source for the v1.22 programming software. If all else fails as far as the software, has anyone had success manually progamming 70cm frequencies (with offsets) into the PT8200?

People that get the PT8200 up and running seem to really like it, so I hope my bargain doesn't end up as another boat anchor. Thanks!

Mike - KM4EHP

RAD909

FYI more info ....

Our download includes both the 512 channel, and the 128 channel versions. Here is a link to download the PT8200 software https://quality2wayradios.com/store/Kirisun-KSP8200.

Kirisun sent all their US dealers a notice just last week, stating they are pulling out of the US market effective 12-31-14. So just be ware that there is probably no way to get warranty support on any Kirisun radios in the US. We have pulled all stock off our website as a result, but we do still have the software.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
I got my programming cable from 409shop in Hong Kong for $12. If anyone needs one, PM me. tks.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
" Does anyone know if this radio will go on VHF? The data plate on the radio specifies UHF, but all their info says it can be programmed with the software to cover multiple UHF ranges as well as VHF. Anyone know if this is true?? tks for info.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I just ordered a PT8200 from ebay ($86 top bid including delivery) and am awaiting delivery. I also ordered a programming cable from the 409SHOP (from the photo it looks like a copy that will require the old Prolific driver). 409SHOP LIMITED (HK) 2-way Radio accessory Wholesale

I also downloaded the programming software from Kirisun which is kap8200_v.2.23. This software appears to be for the 128 channel radio and even shows the radio specification as PT8200F. From all the previous discussions, I am concerned that the v2.23 software will not work. However, it seems that folks are having success with the v1.22 software which isn't available from the Kirisun web site.

Thus, I too would appreciate it if someone could let me know of a source for the v1.22 programming software. If all else fails as far as the software, has anyone had success manually progamming 70cm frequencies (with offsets) into the PT8200?

People that get the PT8200 up and running seem to really like it, so I hope my bargain doesn't end up as another boat anchor. Thanks!

Mike - KM4EHP

Hi, I have stuff programmed into the radio and use it on 70cm among other uses and it works fine there. As to your later question about VHF the answer is no.
Watch long QSOs on high power. It gets hot, as in real hot doing them. Does fine low power though or if you have a fan.

Only issue I've had is I can't get fleetsync to work for nothing. MDC1200 does though. At $80 bucks and 45 watts with all the features its a great deal and I picked up a couple at that price. Real good deal.

Contact me privately and I can get you the CPS for this you need.

You can also contact Kirisun North America directly. They are the ones who sent it to me and its free there as well through them. Some are charging high prices for it.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Our download includes both the 512 channel, and the 128 channel versions. Here is a link to download the PT8200 software https://quality2wayradios.com/store/Kirisun-KSP8200.

Kirisun sent all their US dealers a notice just last week, stating they are pulling out of the US market effective 12-31-14. So just be ware that there is probably no way to get warranty support on any Kirisun radios in the US. We have pulled all stock off our website as a result, but we do still have the software.

Wow, that's unfortunate. Especially as their DMR product line is catching on here. I take it that your comment includes the DP770 then?

Well it is what it is I guess.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Kirisun pt8200

Hi, I have stuff programmed into the radio and use it on 70cm among other uses and it works fine there. As to your later question about VHF the answer is no.
Watch long QSOs on high power. It gets hot, as in real hot doing them. Does fine low power though or if you have a fan.

Only issue I've had is I can't get fleetsync to work for nothing. MDC1200 does though. At $80 bucks and 45 watts with all the features its a great deal and I picked up a couple at that price. Real good deal.

Contact me privately and I can get you the CPS for this you need.

You can also contact Kirisun North America directly. They are the ones who sent it to me and its free there as well through them. Some are charging high prices for it.

I got mine working finally! Thanks to all who helped. I did see somewhere that they have/had a VHF version somewhere, but apparently not here. There is a Turkish website that has a lot of these, but of course English only here.

sjmark24

So I also purchased a pt8200 and managed to get the 1.22 software along with the cable. After spending some time playing around with the programming I've noticed that the preset range is UHF 400-470, when you are putting in the rx and tx frequencies it allows you to go out of this range but highlights the frequency in red for some reason (maybe to signify that its out of ham range). There is a limit to this though and that is 350-520 so maybe these radios only come with a uhf chip inside and dont allow for a dual band programming.

Also I have noticed plenty of options that are greyed out and unselectable in the programming and have yet to find out how to allow these to be selected. It seems that there may very well be vhf capabilities but something is restricting it. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to set this up for vhf/uhf use on a channel to channel basis.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I tried to find out and got nowhere. As Chuck said everything says it should but it doesn't. I too have all those greyed out things. I don't know if there are other software packages not offered that allow them or whether they were "Future" items to come out with firmware updates in time.

I know Kirisun tech dept seemed put out that a non dealer, me, was being given software by the Corp part of Kirisun so I don't know if maybe there was some special "Dealer" only stuff out there.

They also seemed ticked off that these radios were being sold on Ebay rather than the 400 dollar version through official dealers. I got told I shouldn't have bought them and I should have purchased another radio instead. (DMR) Specifically that the Ebay radios didn't come with "Support" as the more expensive dealer sold models would.

I kind of felt lucky to be given anything by the time I was done.

Hopefully you'll have better luck than I

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I got mine working finally! Thanks to all who helped. I did see somewhere that they have/had a VHF version somewhere, but apparently not here. There is a Turkish website that has a lot of these, but of course English only here.

Congratulations and enjoy. Not a bad little radio and as I said for 80 bucks its great.

Just watch the compander/expander. The one that "Modifies" your transmitted voice. Everyone said it made my audio extremely low. Took it off and it works fine.

erwin

Hi I am new here , by google I found this topic , and also have a problem with Programming :-( ...it went well with old laptop ...but it is stolen and also my programming cable ,
I have in the meantime i have new cable ,and also the new software but it does not work :-( ... Always communication failure check cable , com port settings or restart radio (V2.23) ..(tried on windows 7 and xp pro). please can someone help me ... Thanks in advance

erwin

KirisunPT8200

Hi I am new here , by google I found this topic , and also have a problem with Programming :-( ...it went well with old laptop ...but it is stolen and also my programming cable ,
I have in the meantime i have new cable ,and also the new software but it does not work :-( ... Always communication failure check cable , com port settings or restart radio (V2.23) ..(tried on windows 7 and xp pro). please can someone help me ... Thanks in advance

in the meantime I've found the right software and driver for cable >>>thanks

RustySpoons

Can someone Please help me with the pinout for the cable, I picked one up at a Hamfair but it's been locked out from making any settings on the front.

If someone can please give me the pinout or can at least look at the RJ45 plug and see where the wires go that would be mega helpful, I assume it's 3 wires, TX/RX/GND if I know which they go in I can figure out the order myself.

Kind Regards,
Dale
MW6FNV

ALAMORAND

Kirisun PT8200 Fix

Ok I went to the miklor site and downloaded the 3.2.0.0 drivers for the usb to serial port. You have to follow the instructions on the site and roll back your drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.